Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forums up and running again

Hi Guys,

Looks like the down time is over. I'm trying to find out why the forums were down. If it was for maintenance, the powers that be didn't give me a heads up.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Hello AJ. All I know is that there was a notice last night that the forum was down for maintance. I see there are a few new bells and whistles(like the auto save, which so far is a pain in the neck). However it is good to see that they are trying to improve the functionality of the forum. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Well at least we're up and running. We'll see how the bells and whistles work out.
      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi People,I was starting to trip.This is one of my favorite places & have not been able to get in a couple days now.Seemed like FOREVER. Any way it is back up & running so that is cool.Hope everyone has a great day.
        Aurora

Comment

Glad the forum is back - I too was taken by surprise when it wasn't working.
          I find the new emoticons clearer than the previous ones , and love that we still have my favourite : ROFL
          Last edited by uni; September 20, 2011, 09:25 PM. Reason: got carried away with the new emoti-toys
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I love your reason for editing your post, Uni!!

Comment

Anyone else's computer keep freezing on this site only. It took me about 10 minutes just to get to a place where I could post this. Think the problem started after the maintence mentioned on this thread.
              I'm on dial-up, which is a sometimes a bit of a problem... but nothong quite like this.
              Wonder if anyone else has had any issues, or if I need to investigate further at my end of the connection.

Thanks!
              Kaight

Comment

What operating system and version do you have? I have Windows 7, and my internet explorer browser version 9 seems to work best in compatibility mode. I didn't notice any change with the site upgrade.
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Kaight. I use an old computer with windows XP. My updates are current, but I don't know which version of internet explorer I am using(other than it is current). I used to use firefox and still prefer it for some sites, but for others I find that it hasn't worked well lately. I can't remember if this was such a site.

I especially find firefox difficult when I am dealing with low budget sites that have just upgraded. (a lot of forums are very low budget, that's why they are free with no advertising)

So if you are uising firefox or another system, you might want to try internet explorer. Other than that I can make no suggestions. Take Care. paul m
                  Helen Keller

Comment

Paul you can find out what version of internet explorer you are using by opening a web page and clicking on help at the top of the page and about internet explorer.
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks guys!!

Paul... I've also got XP.

AJ... my Internet Explorer is version 6. Guess I should update!

I'll give it a try!
                      Kaight

Comment

Thx AJ. I did not know that. Of course when it comes to computers I don't know much so any help is always appreciated. Take Care. paul m
                        Helen Keller

Comment

Looking good!

I've installed Explorer 7 (the best I could get with my OS). I've given it a try, and (knock on wood) it looks like the problem is resolved!

Thanks guys! - Now the forum is back to relieving anxiety instead of creating it!

Kaight

Comment

Glad to hear that updating your internet explorer helped.
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                              Hi Guys,

Looks like the down time is over. I'm trying to find out why the forums were down. If it was for maintenance, the powers that be didn't give me a heads up.
                              I'm not sure my problem was due to a down time, but I couldn't seem to post and my log in was not responding. Oh me oh my could that be the source of my problems. I'm getting dizzy in here trying to find my way around. This is definitely were I should be, talk about mood disorder and anxiety and frustration or maybe I should not be here. I've never spent more time trying to learn something but not having an idea of what I'm trying to learn.

Clear as mud

Comment

Working...
                              X