Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registration

I hate to begin a relationship with a complaint, but please review your registration procedures. The image box that you ask people to replicate is almost impossible to read. I had to repeat the procedure over a dozen times to finally get it right - several times thinking I should give up. When you consider the population of people trying to log on for help, this seems cruel. I am a professional and a parent of someone suffering, and am sure the process would have been totally discouraging for my son.

Hello Everhopeful. I will pass your complaint on to the people responsible for handling the technical part5 of the site. Thankyou for bringing it to our attention. I hope that now that you are registered that you will take part in our forum. Take Care. paul m

The following are just my own views as someone who registers with a lot of sites and doesn't necessarily reperesent the MDSC's view.

I can appreciate your problems and frustrations with registering for a site these days. I have the same problem with many site(most) sites that I register with.

The overall problem is automated computer software that is used to invade many sites or to send out a ton of spam. In order to prevent this many sites use a form of weird looking numbers and letters that a computer has trouble reading. It's a program called CAPTCHA and as hackers become more skilled at programing their machines to read this altered writing, the writing must then be altered even more.

Unfortunately this leaves many of us also having trouble decoding it. Some sites have an alternative form where you can listen to the letters etc, but I even have problems there.

The only partial solution that I have came across so far is I just repeatly hit the " request another image" until I get one that I think that I can replicate with sucess, but even that doesn't always work(I do this prior to hitting send or enter). Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Paul explained the automated part of the registration process very well. I too have problems deciphering the letters. For those of you having registration issues, use the contact us at the bottom of this web page to get assistance. Welcome to the forums Everhopeful.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
      X