New Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Forum

Hi everyone. I see this morning we are being redirected to the new forum. I knew it was coming but unfortunately I didn't know when. I'm just finding my way around it. Let me know if you have any issues with it. The new address is https://mdsc.ca/forum/ You should be redirected to this new address if you have the old one bookmarked, but you may want to update your bookmark.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

It was quite a surprise to see the change when I logged in! It doesn't take much to throw a tech challenged person like me off Will have to experiment and find my way around. Glad you're on the case AJ!
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Uni let me know if you have any issues.
      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Ok thanks, so far so good!
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Ack! What does it mean when you write something up, go to post it, and get this message pop-up: "Edit conversation"..."The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed":? I seem to have lost the post into cyberspace....
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Did you have to do an image verification?

It could have just been a hiccup on website, although a very annoying one I'm sure.

What OS (operating system) do you use? Which browser? (internet explorer, Microsoft edge, chrome, firefox or some other one?) Do you stay signed in when you leave the forum? (I do).

If it happens again, I will talk to the webmaster.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello AJ and Uni. I ran into that nasty little beast several times as well. (I use google chrome) I don't have an image verification either , but Uni's wording is pretty much dead on. I'm not positive about this, but on the old forum it used to say something like "keep me logged in" with a little box to check to do so. If you didn't check the box then it signed you out after about 10 minutes if you had not posted anything.

I think this is the same problem. At the log in there is a little bx that sez remember me and a couple of times I didn't hit it, and I think that is when I got that message. When I remember to tick that box, I don't seem to get the message. Take Care. paul m
              "Alone we can do so little;
              Together we can do so much"
              Helen Keller

Comment

Okay Paul. Since it seems to be more than a hiccup, I'll contact the webmaster. Thanks to both of you for bringing this to my attention.
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Things seem to be working ok now, except that I can't post certain emoticons. And I like emoticons
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Uni let me know if you get the error again. I talked to the webmaster but he needs more details of the steps taken to get the error and a screen shot.

For those who don't know under advanced options the HTML, I changed it to HTML On- Convert Linebreaks when posting and it worked.
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello AJ. I started this at 10:49pm and I went back at 11.09 and tried to send the post and it gave me the "Edit etc etc" bit again. What was maddening was I was obviously timed out, but the forum still showed me at logged in. I had to log out in order to post this. Plus what the "Edit etc etc" has to do with telling you that you are timed out, who knows.

Although if you are careful, when you log back in if you go to where you left off, it will ask you if you want to work on or discard saved program(that part works) . Now I taken a screen shot ,although I can't seem to get it right (windows 10 can be annoying) . I will post this and see if you can see my screen shot. Take Care.paul m
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Helen Keller

Comment

Hello AJ. I gave up trying to up load my screen shot and instead sent the screen shot to you via email. Take Care. paul m
                        Helen Keller

Comment

I'll check my emails Paul. Thanks for taking the time to do so.
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Chiquita.jpg

It looks like the forum will take jpg but not png files for pictures. Here's a picture of our kitty that we had to say goodbye to on Friday.
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Oh she looks so sweet!
                              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                              X