"Messages" notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Messages" notification

I just posted something when I noticed a number "1" in the top right hand corner of the screen under "messages". I clicked on it but when it took me to my message page it showed there were none. Did I miss something from someone?
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Hi Uni. Check under user settings/notification settings. I am subsribed to this section of Help & Feedback and each time someone posts here I get a 1 for one post I'm assuming. Try going to the notification area before you read the threads and see if anything is written there. In fact post back and I'll see what happens for me too. Thanks!
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Uni and AJ and anyone else who may repeatedly get a " 1" beside " messages" , but cannot find any message. This happened to me at first too and I couldn't find any message either. I just clicked select "all" and then "mark as read" (or something like that). That took care of my problem and it hasn't recoccured. I can think of several reasons why this may have happened to some of us, but none really matter, so I won't bore you with my theories. I'll save that for another day(the boring part LOL). Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Yes Paul, once you 'mark channels as read' the number goes away. You can stop it from doing this in the notification setting. I do find it annoying thinking I have a PM when it's a notification about something else. I think I'll go and change that in settings now.
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

AJ as far as I can tell it seems that whatever you did has fixed the problem!
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Ha. I didn't do anything, except change my own settings for notifications. LOL. I'm glad it's working foe
            uou now.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
            X