Ect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ect

Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum. Find reading the posts very helpful. I’d love to hear from people who have received ECT for major depressive disorder. I have been receiving ECT for some time. I was just in hospital for 2months and received 12 ECT treatments for depression. I have refused the maintenance ECTs because of the damage they have done to my memory! Long term and short term. I keep getting told my memory will return within 6 months but my loss of memory has remained permanent! My family has to keep reminding me of important events that have happened. I told my ex-husband that I’ve been thinking of preparing a Will for some time and asked him if he could help me get one started. He looked shocked! He then informed me that we had prepared wills in 2010 together. I had no recollection of this. We even took a drive to the cemetery of my choice so I could look around and he said he recalled clear as a bell where I said I wanted to be buried! He said my sister was buried in that cemetery and we had visited her site while we were there! I have no recollection of any of this. He’s going to take me back out there in April on a sunny day and let me have a look around. Thank goodness for my ex- husband, daughter and son who keep reminding me of events. My psychiatrist doesn’t understand the severity of the memory loss and keeps telling me I need maintenance ECT or will end up back in hospital. Have any of you experienced anything like this?
Working...
X