Announcement

Collapse

**** Read Before You Post ****

Before you enter your description, please select the right prefix the best describes your post so that other members can make an informed decision about whether or not to your open your thread.
See more
See less

Sparkpeople

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Sparkpeople

To anybody interested: In the eternal quest to lose weight, here's a link to a helpful site which is free, legit, and interesting... http://www.sparkpeople.com/
    Last edited by uni; September 29, 2011, 02:47 AM. Reason: posting the link
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Well, I'm going on the Sparkpeople site fairly regularly. Not doing as well as I'd hoped, particularly with exercise However, I am doing pretty well at keeping track of what I eat. Which I'm not always too pleased at having to look at But awareness of exactly what I'm up against is a start. Have lost 3.5 pounds as of last week but am sorely afraid I have managed to gain at least some of it back. This weight business is really a toughie since I'm not on my feet at work anymore, and also menopause doesn't help.

Oh well. Sooner or later this has to do some good. Since it takes a long time to change habits with me, it will likely be later
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Wow! 3.5 pounds is great! Congrats!!

Kaight

Comment

Thanks Kaight! I'm still doing the try, try, again thing and learning from the website. All in all, I'll take any tools I can get!
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi! I checked out the web site and it looks very useful. Lots of information an tools. Hard to believe its free! I've saved it in my "favorites" and will join if I get a better internet connection one day.

Kaight

Comment

I hope the website continues to be helpful uni. One day at a time.
            Rebecca

Comment

Rebecca, one day at a time is all I can handle. The site has been especially helpful the last couple of days. And if I may brag a little - today I walked three miles!
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Three miles! Good for you Uni!
                AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                for not being what they believe they should be.
                -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Good for you Uni. Take Care. paul m
                  "Alone we can do so little;
                  Together we can do so much"
                  Helen Keller

Comment

3 miles! Wow! Definitely a brag-worthy accomplishment!

Comment

3 miles is great!
                      Rebecca

Comment

Keep up the good work, Uni. 3.5 pounds is nothing to sneeze at.

astronaut

Comment

Well, I entered something called a 5K "virtual race". All that means is you pick a certain week, and then walk and/or run 5 kilometres one day during that week. Then you can post how you did along with a few hundred other people. Of course it's on the honour system, but what would be the point of cheating - it wouldn't matter to anyone but yourself. Anyway, I did the thing yesterday!

I even did a bit extra to make it 3.5 miles (miles are more ingrained in my brain than kilometres). I must be motivated or something, because I actually looked forward to it. I went to a deserted high school track with a rubberized surface. The only people I saw were a few students on their way home. It was cool weather and no snow - perfect conditions (I would *never* do it in the hot summer).

I'm almost afraid to tell anyone, because what if I stop doing all this healthy stuff and then feel bad? Oh well. I guess I answer to myself and nobody else. But it feels good to share this little victory with you guys
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Good job, Uni!! I'll be thinking of you on the track while I do my daily run tomorrow!

astronaut

Comment

Hello Uni. . Good for you. Take Care. paul m
                              "Alone we can do so little;
                              Together we can do so much"
                              Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                              X