Announcement

Collapse

**** Read Before You Post ****

Before you enter your description, please select the right prefix the best describes your post so that other members can make an informed decision about whether or not to your open your thread.
See more
See less

Sparkpeople

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys,

Just dropping in from a paper writing break to read a few posts. I have this enormous research essay due this month and it is not
    very much fun to write. I am 2/3's of the way through and I am stuck on what to write about for the last 1/3. I guess my special
    talent right now would be procrastinating!! I have become really good at it. I make unimportant phone calls back home, I drink
    loads of tea, I go running, I go swimming, I go grocery shopping (nearly every day), I eat snacks, I bake cookies and I even offer
    to help other people to write their papers... ANYTHING not to write my own.

I think I'll try making spaghetti and hanging some laundry for my next procrastinating activity.

astronaut

Comment

Nice to hear from you Astronaut. Good luck with your essay.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Astronaut. It is good to hear from you. If procrastinating was a sport I'm sure that I could still win a medal or two.

Speaking of procrastinating, don't you have an essay to write. Just kidding, if you have to have a mental block, you may as well take the time to share it with people who definitely understand mental blocks.

Good Luck trying to complete your research essay. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

I was going to write a big long post in reply... but... I think I'll do it later.

I'm sure researchers will one day discover that procrastination is a vital mental activity. I look forward to that validation!

Kaight

P.S. Astronaut... best of luck on your paper!
          Last edited by Kaight; December 12, 2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X