Announcement

Collapse

**** Read Before You Post ****

Before you enter your description, please select the right prefix the best describes your post so that other members can make an informed decision about whether or not to your open your thread.
See more
See less

Mr.Brownstone-Xanax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drug Mr.Brownstone-Xanax

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am coming off a Xanax addiction and I foolishly went 'cold turkey'. My psychiatrist was quite concerned when I told him and he prescribed something to ease
    the transition.

The worst seems to be over but I am still depressed- can anyone provide me some insight on how long the withdrawals will last?

'I use to do a little but a little wouldn't do it so the little got more and more, just trying to get a little better a little better than before' Mr.Brownstone- Guns N Roses

Benzodiazepine withdrawal can range from a week to several months depending on what dosage, how long you were using and how you were using. Please be mindful that stopping benzodiazepine's cold turkey puts you at a high risk for seizures and it is best to detox in a medical facility for this reason. My personal experience with benzo withdrawal lasted about a week but I was only using for 6 months and I was injecting large doses of Midazolam.

Comment

Originally posted by hellfish View Post
      Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am coming off a Xanax addiction and I foolishly went 'cold turkey'. My psychiatrist was quite concerned when I told him and he prescribed something to ease
      the transition.

The worst seems to be over but I am still depressed- can anyone provide me some insight on how long the withdrawals will last?

'I use to do a little but a little wouldn't do it so the little got more and more, just trying to get a little better a little better than before' Mr.Brownstone- Guns N Roses
      Its very risky because sometimes coming of medication, when the health system is so used to it, can do more harm then good. I admire the fact that you want to come off medications. I think you should lower your dosages first and work on it, every time your body gets used to it, lower the dosage again. Always speak to the doctor about it. Its not a good idea to just all of a sudden stop taking medication. Lower the dosages first. How long the withdrawals last depends on two things. The first is how long you took medication before you went cold turkey. The second is how high the dosages you were taking before you went cold turkey.

Comment

Working...
      X