Announcement

Collapse

**** Read Before You Post ****

Before you enter your description, please select the right prefix the best describes your post so that other members can make an informed decision about whether or not to your open your thread.
See more
See less

Trying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Trying

Since getting home from my latest trip I've been eating too much. Plain and simple. And gaining weight. Partly out of boredom and partly to avoid emotions I'd rather not deal with. This has happened before. I know what to do, and that is to have a good chat with God and do some journaling. Aside from that, the usual: move my body more, write down what goes in my mouth. I figure that posting here may help me get back on track. I'm not technically "overweight" but nor do I want to become so. Anybody else in the same boat? Maybe we can encourage one another
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

I was recently visiting family out of town and eating so much. Now I have to figure out how to lose the weight I gained.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Uni. I'm technically overweight LOL. However I am making small progress, very slow. I also tend to eat when I bored, fortunately I'm rarely bored. However if I'm anxious, upset, nervous, etc, I can spend way too much in front of the cupboard selecting goodies to eat rather than doing something about what is making me anxious etc.

I can certainly try and provide encouragement. Take Care. paul m

p.s. In regards to writing down everything a person eats I understand that is a good way to keep track of how much we do eat. However as I'm not inclined to record such things or even keep a mood chart, journal etc, about the only way that I can see me writing down what all I ate is if I did it with a sandwich in my other hand LOL
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Paul, I love your humour - thanks for the levity! AJ, I can relate, and wish you the best of luck!

I'm not having much success at the food thing so far. Doing a bit more walking though. Have not journalled yet, although am consulting with God, and feel hopeful. I'm finding that much of the problem is lack of solid sleep, which makes me care less (and also careless haha). I learned last night that although cappachino frozen yogourt may be fun to try (especially when it's on sale cheap), it isn't good to eat very much of it too late in the day. Do it, and your sleep is full of dreams about murderers and prisons It also affects your morning digestive activity, if you know what I mean

But I shall endeavor to persevere....
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. In regards to food items with the word cappachino in them , the only one that I like is iced cappachino at timmies on a very hot day. However I am in favour of most frozen yogurts, ice cream etc any time of the day.

Pardon me for asking this, but isn't one of the ingredients, in cappachino concoctions of any kind, coffee? Coffee affects sleep etc etc. just wondering LOL.

Murders and prisons, those are interesting dreams. Are you covering up a time frame in your life that we don't know about? Say 20-25 yrs . LOL

Good luck with your weight loss. Take Care. paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

Yes, cappachino is full of caffeine, but I knew that going in and enjoyed it anyway! I know other people who like the iced Timmy's version, in fact I think they get hooked on it every summer. I don't drink cappachinos or other milky drinks, but frozen yogourt goes down nicely. I've gone to those frozen-yogourt-add-your-own-toppings places and they are deadly! Thank heaven there are none where I live - yet. I'd be using up all my spending money there.

As for the prison dreams, you're on to my checkered past I see....
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Got distracted from the purpose of this thread. I did well the last day or two. It helps to not bring temptation home from the grocery store and put it in your kitchen. So my fridge has good stuff like salads and fruit in it. Every little bit helps
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Posting here doesn't seem to make or break my progress, so this is just an update. I'm back at square one again. But not ready to give up. And so it goes....
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Uni,

I don't have any advice to give, but I just want to say good luck! Ironically, my phone tried to autocorrect good luck to food truck!

Comment

I just stood on the scale this AM. Sigh
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I hear you AJ. Sigh also. But where there's life there's hope....

Catman thanks for the food truck - I mean good luck - wish
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Still finding it difficult to avoid too much comfort food

Have done a bit of journalling and it has become apparent that I'm pretty stressed out. June and July and into August there is a great deal going on with family and friends, and I need to watch my boundaries. Same old story: sometimes looking after myself puts other people's noses out of joint.

I love that there are so many people in my extended family, and that I have a great boyfriend and other friends. But dag nab it, sometimes they collectively drive me crazy! This is a sign (along with the yummies I'm consuming) that something has to change. So yesterday I had a heart-to-heart with one of my "peeps", cleared the air, had a laugh and a cry, and feel better in that sector at least.

Last night I read some historical fiction in bed. No fridge in the bedroom so that worked out well Today I took a long bubble bath while reading nonsense magazines. Kinda hard to eat while in the tub, so that worked out well too!

More journaling is in store. Although maybe this post *is* a form of journalling. Thanks for reading.
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I can relate to the extended family driving you crazy. Love them to bits, but sometimes a break from them is a good thing.

My battle with my weight is ongoing. I had my physical yesterday and I don't like my MD office's weigh scale at all. It weighs even heavier then mine does! However my other health issues do put things in perspective.

I guess we have to keep at it Uni. I'm glad there's no food allowed in the bed or the bathtub. Safe zones. LOL
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Those visits doctors' visits with their unfriendly scales are never fun! But you're right, I guess we just have to keep at it.

I'm technically not overweight, but I'm over the weight that I feel "like myself" at, and it's an icky feeling although others say I look fine. It's more about the emotions behind my eating. Hence the journalling. And the buying of "new" clothes at the second hand store "until I can fit back into my regular ones". Which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't! I've heard from others that this is not uncommon. Apparently most of us humans have 3 sizes of clothes in our closets and our bodies are always changing. Which I suppose is true.

I'm still pretty stressed overall. My sister is staying with me for a couple of days right now, which is good in a way but not so good when I'm feeling not so good

Realistic expectations are a good idea here, I'm thinking!
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I don't feel comfortable at this weight either. I can still fit into my 'regular ones' but not for much longer if I keep 'growing'.

Yes realistic expectations would be a good plan for me too.

It wouldn't hurt to give myself a break either. The meds I'm on don't help one bit. I'll blame them in part.
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                              X