Announcement

Collapse

**** Read Before You Post ****

Before you enter your description, please select the right prefix the best describes your post so that other members can make an informed decision about whether or not to your open your thread.
See more
See less

Trying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Uni and AJ. I wish you well on your attempts to lose weight. I had to laugh about the doctors scales being wrong as I have the same complaint about my doctors scales. As I have diabetes I have to step on the miserable thing at least every 3 mths and it's never accurate LOL.

Ditto for meds adding to my weight. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Went away for over a week and did pretty well with eats and activity (ie. diet and exercise). Now back home and falling into old habits again. I think a lot of it is eating when I feel lonely. Not news, but haven't found a good solution yet.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. It's good that you were able to control your eating habits while you were away. Please don't take the following as a criticism, Have your ever discussed with your therapist why you feel lonely when no one is around?

That may sound odd, but you strike me as someone who has many people in their life, whether or not those people are actually present.

When my wife is away or busy, I quite easily become bored and sometimes I eat just for something to do. If I can keep busy (without getting into trouble LOL) then I don't eat as much. I also know that it is possible to feel lonely even with people around. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks Paul, for asking an excellent question. No, I have not discussed with my therapist why I feel lonely when no one is around. It has simply never occurred to me! This is why I like the forum; when I don't see the obvious, someone else often does. I'm seeing my therapist in September. With luck, I'll remember to bring the subject up!

Btw my eating habits have been not too bad lately. It's kind of nice
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Uni. Good for you for having better eating habits. Discussing the lonely issue with your therapist is a good idea. I hope it brings some clarity.

I stood on the scale this AM, for the first time in a long while, and I have not gained any more weight. Celebrate the little things right!
            AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
            for not being what they believe they should be.
            -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
            X