No announcement yet.

Sad, angry and frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uni, a friend of a friend committed suicide. I think there was a history of suicide. The family opted to have it said in public; from the notice in the news paper to the service, it was openly discussed. My friend, who was close to the gentlemen who committed suicide found it very cathartic. Personally I think it was very courageous on the part of the family.

AJ ... this place would not be the same without you
    Woody

Comment

Gosh-thanks.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Woody, I'm with you - how courageous those people were. I applaud them and only wish I could personally tell them so. Let's get rid of the shame or stigma or whatever you want to call it. I believe that the courage it takes to fight mental illness is highly underrated. Not only are you sick, you are often the only one who knows just how sick, plus all too often you are completely alone in it. I believe that simply NOT being alone in it can be nothing short of a life saver. I do not feel alone when I come to these forums.

AJ, I second Woody's motion!
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. You state that" the courage it takes to fight mental illness is highly underrated". That statement is so true.

Suicide cuts through all walks of life and nobody has ever came up with a good explaination why some people do and some do not commit suicide.

When an individual decides to commit suicide(which may be mths in advance) I too believe that they feel very lonly and often completely worthless.

I know when I attempted, I felt as if I would be doing my family a favour by not being around anymore to drag them down and be a burden to them. I was wrong, but that was my thinking.

The worse part about my mental illness is that I often just do not think proper and I tend to isolate myself. Help is usually close at hand, but when I get really depressed, I just do not understand that and try and think it out for myself, often with poor results. Good company helps a lot. Take Care. paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

Teen's suicide story aims to help other youths

CBC had this article on web site this morning
            Link
            Woody

Comment

I'd like to see it when it's finished. Thanks for the link Woody.
              AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
              for not being what they believe they should be.
              -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Woody. Thx for the link. It touched on several very important parts. Suicide education must start in schools and the services must become more available. Take Care. paul m
                Helen Keller

Comment

So much need for education, so little happening. This film is raising much needed awareness already from the sounds of it. Thanks for the link, Woody.

I have discovered that the trailer for it can be watched at www.wordisout.ca I found it disturbing, but given the subject matter how could it not be?
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

It was disturbing Uni ...
                    Thanks for the link
                    Woody

Comment

Hello Uni. Unfortunately with dial up I can't watch motion pictures. However I can tell you that for some reason the Grenville, leeds and Lanark areas in Ontario are working very hard on teen suicide prevention(I'm not from there). A few other areas are as well, but across Cda not nearly enough is being done.

Thx for bringing up the link as it has a lot of info.
                      Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                      X