Ottawa Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ottawa Area

I was thinking of maybe finding out how many people local to Ottawa might be interested in a support type group. I find that I am in need of support for the hard times with my wife. She suffers from severe anxiety and depression. This forum has been a great help to me but there are times I think that being face to face with others that have been experiencing similar events might be more effective. The feeling alone is sometimes really hard and having someone to talk to face to face might help.

Anyways enough of my rambling... I am interested in maybe a once every two weeks or so meeting up for coffee or something. Let me know if you might be interested.

Thanks for your time and stay strong for those you love.

Derek

Hi Derek. I'm in the prairies, but others might be interested. You could also check with your local chapter of CMHA to see what support groups might be in the Ottawa area.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks I was thinking that something informal would be a better option for me. But I will look. I like the idea of grabbing a coffee or just going to a park and not stuck in a room.

Comment

I get that. I love to walk outside and talk when I’m getting help from a friend to sort something out.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hey D.Carr,

I know that you're looking for a face to face support system, but I actually provide free emotional support for individuals online... Although it'd be the same as this, it would be more consistent and weekly if you are interested. Feel free to email me if you any questions info@undividedattention.ca I'm looking in Ottawa as well!

Comment

Working...
          X