Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone gone through similar situations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone gone through similar situations?

Hi,

I live in Ontario with my family. I have a son studying in 4th grade. He had met with an accident at the age of 5. This affected him badly. He has some issues with reading and writing. This resulted in low marks in exams. If this persists, it would be difficult for him to continue his studies. We are worried when we think of his future. When discussed the issues with our friends, one of them put forward the idea of attending an academic writing coach.

I think that's a good idea and he will get enough training to improve his potential. Has anyone gone through similar situations? It would be a great help if you could suggest some tips. I don't like people seeing him as a disabled child. I want to improve his skills so that he can live a normal life. Please help me in solving this out.

Thanks!

Hello Greggary, and welcome to the forum. It's been slow here over Christmas, so I guess I'm the first to reply to your post. My heart goes out to you and your son.

Without knowing his diagnoses it's hard to comment much. Trouble with learning is a bit different from trouble with mood disorders, which is what this forum concentrates on. I don't know if an academic writing coach is the answer. Maybe it would help, depending on what your son's problems involve. I wish I could help you more. If you can share a few more details it might help.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Greggary and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry but I don't know much about that sort of problem in youth. (or adults for that matter). I wish you luck in trying to find a solution. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Welcome to the forum Greggary. Sorry I haven’t got any tips for you. Perhaps some form of tutoring might be helpful. Some people benefit from one on one help.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
        X