Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!! Autoimmune Progesterone Dermatitis (AIPD) !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!!! Autoimmune Progesterone Dermatitis (AIPD) !!!!

********** Calling ALL WOMEN ***********

I am curious if anyone suffers from this or knows anyone that does.. This is when you get an allergic reaction to your hormones'..

Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis is a rare skin condition in women that recurs in a cyclical manner corresponding to their menstrual cycles. It is thought to be a response of the skin to the hormonal changes that happen just before menses. The skin rash is an autoimmune response to the body's progesterone, hence its name.

Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis, Autoimmune progesterone urticaria, Progesterone dermatitis, Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis or urticaria. Authoritative facts from DermNet New Zealand.

We can both see by the responses that its quite uncommon to suffer from this. I do believe there is a way to combat this issue. Perhaps a treatment that can help with the skin issue, or perhaps tablets that can not be so bad on hormones.

Comment

We have been to a immunologist / allergist that specializes in disorders such as these.. He wasn't at all surprised when we told him about what she was dealing with ... that was reassuring to both of us ... we did a lot of blood tests and other tests.... and we have an appointment on Tuesday for allergy testing and next steps...

ultimately its either birth control or hysterotomy to stop the cycle of hormones that will cause this .. we will have to see what he says..

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Had the tests done for Progesterone yesterday and the Immunologist/ Allergist.. and all is good.. Did common allergies and only some trees and cats... so that is all good... Thankfully this isn't something we have to worry about anymore ... now on to the next thing

Comment

That's good news.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello there! I'm sorry you're affected by Autoimmune Progesterone Dermatitis. I have never heard of something like this, and fortunately enough, I have never experienced it. Speaking of progesterone, I have found out that hormone deficiency, especially progesterone and estrogen deficiency, can have heavy consequences on women. Luckily, nowadays, there are different therapies available, for example, bio-identical hormone replacement therapy.
            Last edited by OfericSchim; August 2, 2021, 04:19 AM.

Comment

I am not affected by this .... I was inquiring about it ...

Comment

This is very interesting. I have never heard about this before. I wonder how common this is.

Mocha231

Comment

Working...
                X