Two sons .. Two countries .. part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two sons .. Two countries .. part 1

As I mentioned in a previous post .. I moved to Hamilton in April 2019 to live in a basement apartment alone .. Four months later l received a text message from my ex wife informing me that she's relocating to England before Christmas to join her British husband .. and she's taking my younger son with her ..
    Her husband ? ..
    I didn't even know that she got married .. Her wedding was in Mississauga at January 2019 .. and my younger son knew everything but didn't tell me or tell his brother about it ..
    Actually he spent 2 summer holidays in England with his mom in 2017 and 2018 .. I knew about her travels to UK and I know she has an older sister and an auntie living there .. but I wasn't smart enough to guess that something's going on .. overseas secretly ..
    I wanted her to get married and leave me alone to live my life .. I was fed up with her bossy personality .. I always refused to talk to her or even text her and preferred to contact my younger son directly .. But she always wanted to be a middle person between the father and son .. and I hated that .. now she has another man to control .. that's better ..
    But to relocate to England and take my son with her .. that is a different story ..
    Few days after receiving the text message from her I talked to my younger son ( we meet once every two weeks ) about his near future plans .. he admitted knowing about the marriage and the relocation plan but his mom asked him to keep it to himself .. and he was already prepared psychologically for ( the new chapter of his life ) in UK .. that's how he saw it .. and I realized that it's too late to make him change his mind .. he wants to go live with his mom and stepdad ..
    I know that she cannot take him without my permission and as soon as I informed the court she was asked to appear in courtroom and resolve the issue .. but she didn't respond .. the judge issued an order prohibiting my 13 years old son from leaving Canada ..
    However .. that travel ban was temporary and in the second court appearance we both signed a new agreement allowing her to take my son to England with her and to schedule annual visits to Canada and biweekly video calls and direct email and texting between me and my son etc. .. my son wanted to go .. separating him from his mom didn't seem like a good idea .. he's autistic and he's emotionally attached to her ..
    They left the country in December 2019 .. few weeks later and BOOM .. along came Mr. Covid 19 .. and up to this moment I'm still waiting for a chance to see my son again ..
    The story doesn't end here .. we have another adult son who's staying here in Canada and he's been already struggling with depression and mental issues even before knowing about his mom's marriage .. he doesn't work or go to school .. he's on ODSP and has been living independently in shared accommodation since November 2015 .. his depression symptoms started earlier in 2011 as soon as I left the house to start my new life as a divorced man ..

To be continued
    Last edited by Jafar the wizard; August 21, 2021, 02:32 PM.

Hi Jafar. It’s nice to hear from you. Thank you for sharing part 1. I will be ready for
    part 2 anytime you’re ready to share it.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks AJ .. would be glad to read your comments .. I posted part 2 yesterday ..

Comment

When I get to home base I will definitely read part 2.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks AJ .. No rush
          take your time

Comment

Hello Jafar, I just read part 1 and am heading over to read part 2....
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Snuggly
              yes I'm ok .. Thanks
              and my son turned 16 last December and I'm always in touch with him ..
              he seems to be happy there ..

Comment

Hiring moving companies perfect when it comes to moving. I wish I knew about them earlier and didn't have to carry all my stuff myself. However, my friend has recently bought a new house and asked me to help her. I suggested that she contact a company that would deal with all her stuff because she had dozens of fine art to pack as she is an artist. She told me that she visit website to help her. I couldn't imagine having so many things in a one-room apartment. At least she enjoys her new place and is so happy.
                Last edited by douggieohare; September 14, 2022, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X