Maid / Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maid / Ontario

So the government has passed the law that mental health is included in Medical Assistance in Dying... the PC is going to try to change that .. but that's another story all together !!!

https://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/...d/#eligibility

This is such a hard topic as a family member you want to keep your loved ones with you ... but as someone that sees the person going through pain every day its hard to see them live like that.. Is one cruel for keeping their loved ones around or cruel for supporting their decision. I know that there is a line of selfishness there somewhere and I am sure its perceived as different for everyone .....

I am dealing with a loved one that has lots of mental health... and physical health issues... 16 diagnoses in total between the two... the most resent being Autonomic Dysautonomia..... which if you read up on it ... https://healthjade.net/dysautonomia/ doesn't have a long life span... after diagnosis ** however my loved one has been feeling symptoms of this for close to 20 years... so how is the expectancy 5-10 after diagnosis if the individual could have already had been suffering from this for longer than that amount of time ...????? Especially since diagnosing something within this topic takes a long time ... as it entails many tests and different doctors...

I did read about a wife in NS that was fighting her husbands choice https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...peal-1.5712579

This is a real difficult thing to maneuver though... the thought of having a loved one go through this is painful for the ones left behind, however the thought of the loved one living with the pain/distress they are living with is equally as painful if not more so.. what I don't get is that even though the hoops one has to go through to get the paper signed is incredible ... their doctor can still refuse it .

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ottawa-wom...eath-1.5564328

there are doctors ... for example in Toronto that charge upwards to $10K to sign the papers... that's astronomical. IMO

I do feel that as painful as this topic is .... we do and continue to treat animals better than we do human beings.. why do humans have to jump through so many hoops if they are terminally ill or so ill that their quality of life is limited to almost nothing. What makes us so superior that we can tell someone that they must suffer because of how we feel or what we want!!!! This is where I feel the Selfishness' very apparent. Its such a fine line and I feel that we need to listen to those in pain no matter how much it may affect us. The lines of communication must be open and the conversation must be had. its like talking about funerals and wills and such .. its painful however necessary ....

I am struggling with this and I wanted to open the lines of communication here and maybe get some input from others .... Thank you everyone who has read this .. will read this and those that responded or will respond ...

Last edited by wantstounderstand; September 6, 2021, 01:11 PM.

Hello wantstounderstand. I think this is an interesting and important topic. Thanks for bringing it up. I hope to come back and post a longer replay another day
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks uni it is an important topic.... worth the conversation ... look forward to hearing what others have to say about this

Comment

So they have updated the legislation ... as of March 23rd...MAID will be accessible for anyone with Mental Health to be considered ..... less to stop people from access this service..

What medical assistance in dying is, who is eligible, how to make a request, the process, and who can provide medical assistance in dying.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X