X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with finding a Psychologist

Hello. Im
    new to the forum
    and looking for some support. Is there anyone who wishes to share info on a Psychologist who was helpful for them? Im trying to help my husband find a therapist for his Depression and Anxiety, but its so hard to know who will be a good fit. Its not like looking up reviews for restaurants or a hair dresser. People dont share this kind of info because of the stigma. Not even a friend will share if they know or have seen someone. its rare. I know where i can find a list of names but im looking for some real feedback from someone who personally has had an experiece with a therapist. Im looking for a psychologist in particular. Any recommendations, especially if they are within Toronto? This is such a daunting process and I am trying to take this pressure off of him by helping him find someone, but its become such a challenge for me as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Strawberry Fields and welcome to the forums. I'm across the country so I have no personal experience to share.

I don't know if this link will be helpful, but it is for Ontario resources.

Ontario Mood Disorders Association of Ontario This site will link you to self-help groups and educational resources across Ontario. College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario There is an easy-to-use search tool for finding a doctor available on this site. Anxiety Disorders Association of Ontario ADAO's mission is to
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

thank you for the reply and the link. Will try it.

Originally posted by AJ View Post
      Hi Strawberry Fields and welcome to the forums. I'm across the country so I have no personal experience to share.

I don't know if this link will be helpful, but it is for Ontario resources.

https://mdsc.ca/finding-help/ontario/

Comment

Hi Strawberry Fields,

I have never seen a psychologist but there are a few excellent once’s at Brampton Civic hospital. A family member of mine was seeing one there and they were very good as far as diagnosis, medication and counselling programs. I do have a suggestion, I would look for a psychiatrist/ psychologist that has expertise in a certain area. For example, one who specializes In assisting people with severe anxiety or depression.

Mocha231

Comment

Hello Strawberry Fields,

Just wanted to check up and see whether you found a psychologist for your husband?

If not, here is one that a friend of mine went to for her anxiety and here is her website: https://drcohen.ca

My friend said a few good things about her and told me she would suggest her.

Of course you may want to do a consultation before starting with her to see if she is the right match.

Hope all else is well!

Comment

Hopeful_2022 Hi. Thank You for asking. We just found someone. Im hoping it will help. Thank you though, I will keep name.

Comment

Working...
            X