Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linda's Poem: Mediation, Medication or Meditation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linda's Poem: Mediation, Medication or Meditation?

"Why didn't she go for help?" they asked, astonished and shocked at the news.
    "Why didn't she ask us to give her a hand?" they whispered among the pews.
    How come she thought that all was lost? I woulda set her straight!
    I would've helped her, if she just asked, when the pressure was too great.
    I would have done something to ease her pain; to help her make it all right, again.
    To comfort her in times of stress (and even shown her my new dress.)
    To pray with her for God's intercession for a good job in this recession.
    To visit with her, if she was feeling low (my dear, your new hair colour gives you such a glow!)
    Or, just to have listened while she talked it out (and you know how she rambled, without a doubt....)
    Or baked her a pie (she was no cook), or accompanied her shopping for a new look.

It's a tragedy, that's for certain. (Oh, I almost forgot - did you replace that torn curtain?)
    How does this sort of thing go on for so long without being noticed by the congregational throng?
    Wasn't there anyone she could approach? (Gee, that's a great jacket to go with your brooch!)
    Wasn't there someone on the Board who could've ministered to her in the Lord?
    I thought everything was, sort of, o.k. I mean, I only just saw her the other day.
    She looked fine (except, her shoes were a mess - all scuffed and scratched, but comfortable, I guess....)
    What a sorry end to someone's life. (You know, I heard she wasn't REALLY his wife!)
    What a shame; well, at least, they didn't have any kids. (I understand he had three, one of which died of SIDS).

Comment

Well, I supposed we should remember him in prayer.
      When's the funeral? Are you going to be there?
      No? O, well, maybe - I don't know, as yet. I mean, I might have to take old Patch to the vet.
      Oh, yes, He's really aging well, but, he hurt himself yesterday - quite some pain to quell.
      My, my! It's late. Just look at the time. That's my cell phone alarm starting to chime. I must be off - I've got plenty to do. See you later, or do you have plans, too?
      Up to the cottage for a week or two? You always say how that keeps you from feeling too blue.
      Perhaps, we'll visit - I so need a break - ah, just to laze around a sparkling, cool lake!....
      Well, cheerio, dearie. Have a good trip. (Whew! I'm glad that's over - boy, what a drip!....)

Comment

Oh, there you are, honey. Ready to go? Yes, I heard. Don't forget, you've got a lawn to mow.
        Pardon me, sweetie-pea? You knew things weren't good? Oh, don't blame yourself. You did all you could.
        Why, I even saw you speaking to him last month. And, The Spirit works more strongly than just on a hunch.
        Don't go feeling guilty. We didn't know them, really.....

That's the wonderful thing about believing: we're all so very different, but still One in the Lord. I'm sure he'll find great comfort in the Word....

Let's leave him be for a time, shall we? Then, we'll look him up and invite him for a cup of coffee or soothing tea and everything'll be right as rain, you'll see!

But, still, it puzzles me why she didn't come for help..................................

Comment

Hello MerelyMe08. You've been attending my wife's church haven't you? All very true what you have written. Take Care. paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

Very well said...
            The image I get from your poem makes me angry. The thought of people saying why didn't she? How could she not? Or she should have asked! ticks me off to the highest degree, because what stops THEM from asking?
            It's just too real. People shaking their heads saying why, oh why. Oh, well it's done!
            Anne.

Comment

Lovely writing MerelyMe08.

I get angry too for the same reasons as A.E.V. We are all so busy with our own lives that we don't take the time to listen to the response when we ask "how are you?". Most people can't be bothered about what others really feel. I've had people ask me "how are you" and then keep walking without waiting for my response.

The poem hits close to home as I grew up in a very conservative Christian church. I always felt a "spirit" of hypocrisy.

Comment

AND here I though this was a SW Ontario thing
                You meet people going down the street minding your own business and all they want to know is "how are you"! What happen to just saying hello and smiling
                Woody

Comment

if you just say hello and smile at people, they look at you funny and think you're either nuts, or you want something from them!

... and they say we're crazy...

Anne.

Comment

Hello. I live in rural Ontario on a dirt road. At least 2X per day I walk my dog on this road. With all the tinted windshields, dust/snow etc, I often cannot see who is in the vehicle.

So rather than offend someone by not returning their wave(which I cannot see) I just wave at everyone. I have done this for many years. I have heard myself described as "the old crazy guy, who never works, but who waves at everybody" . True Storey. You can't please everyone. Take Care Everybody. paul m
                    "Alone we can do so little;
                    Together we can do so much"
                    Helen Keller

Comment

Interesting thought, i completely agree with your perspective

Comment

Welcome to the forums Flascobit.
                        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                        for not being what they believe they should be.
                        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Welcome Flascobit!
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

yes, welcome!!!
                            Anne.

Comment

Sorry catching up ... Hi Flascobit and welcome
                              Woody

Comment