Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linda's Poem: Mediation, Medication or Meditation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how true

one of my coworkers hung himself last year. those were the exact words we used. he hid his pain so well. never took time off work.always ate healthy .was in very good shape. i can totally relate to that

Comment

Thank you, all, for your supportive comments. I haven't been around in awhile and just got the email recently of another reply added to this so I'm replying back with thanks.

Comment

Linda;s poem

Originally posted by a.e.v. View Post
        if you just say hello and smile at people, they look at you funny and think you're either nuts, or you want something from them!

... And they say we're crazy...

love the quote
        Last edited by Woody; January 26, 2010, 09:37 AM. Reason: Fixed code

Comment

Originally posted by MerelyMe08 View Post
          "Why didn't she go for help?" they asked, astonished and shocked at the news.
          "Why didn't she ask us to give her a hand?" they whispered among the pews.
          How come she thought that all was lost? I woulda set her straight!
          I would've helped her, if she just asked, when the pressure was too great.
          I would have done something to ease her pain; to help her make it all right, again.
          Hi MerelyMe,

These words brought out so many emotions in me.
          I can only talk to people who have struggled with depression and suicidal thoughts or professionals who are trained in dealing with depression/suicide.

People who have no history of mental illness just can not comprehend or fathom the idea of wanting to take your own life, and although some may be very kind and non-judgemental, which I am lucky to have a few in my life, they still can't go there with me when I start to talk about the deepest, darkest parts of my depressive episodes.

Someone once said to me (they were not aware i had a mental illness) that people who committ suicide are selfish

I have been on Lamictal for a year now and have not had a major depressive episode durig that time. Some very mild depression, but I have had some hypomania/mania to deal with. I am now on Lamictal and topiramate, plus a couple more.

p.s I'm Karen and I dx with Bipolar 1 with mixed episodes.

Th
          Take Care,
          Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
          "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Working...
          X