Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On worry and desire

I find this to be very helpful:

"Worry happens to be one of our special habits. A manifestation of restlessness, worry can keep you awake for many nights. The interesting thing is, most of the time the things you worry about never happen. When we worry, we make up a story of what we think will happen, and then we fret about it. Another prevalent type of future thinking has to do with desire. We imagine that somehow the future will be better than right now. But it is only in the present moment that we can be truly satisfied. When we are engaged in whatever is occurring right now, there is no room for desire or worry. The mind can settle only when the agitations of thought are not pulling it hither and yon. Our lives are happening here and now. Don't miss your life by dwelling in the past or future!" - Charlotte Bell "Mindful Yoga, Mindful Life."

Good quote. Welcome CG!

Comment

I imagine that somehow the future will just keep getting worse than right now... so worry trumps desire!!!

Comment

Originally posted by astronaut View Post
        I imagine that somehow the future will just keep getting worse than right now... so worry trumps desire!!!
        ditto
        Rebecca

Comment

Oh, Rebecca,

How are you these days? (You seem rather down like myself).
          I remember you saying that you had recent med changes. Are they going alright for you?

astronaut

Comment

Thanks for asking, astronaut.

I've increased my Welly to 450mg, but it doesn't seem to be doing much but raising my anxiety. We'll see what the pdoc has to say about that when I see her again next month.
            I'm not in a hurry to add another med. If anything I'd like to drop another one, but we'll see what happens.
            Rebecca

Comment

I actually read a scientific study about this once. I don’t remember many of the details… only the part that pertained to me… those participants in the study who spent greater or equally to X time thinking about the past were found to often suffer from depression. Yup.

K.

Comment

Hello Rebecca. Sorry to hear that your having problems. Wellbutrin is fairly well known for two things. One is increasing your anxiety in the short term and secondly quitting working after a while. Hopefully your anxiety will settle down and it will work for you again. Good Luck and Take Care. paul m
                "Alone we can do so little;
                Together we can do so much"
                Helen Keller

Comment

Hey Rebecca, I hope that the meds can get sorted out. It sure doesn't help the mood with all this rain and cloudy weather we are
                  having.

Paul--where did you get the information about Wellbutrin being known to stop working after a while? My doctor just wants to keep
                  raising the dose and I keep telling her that it isn't working anymore so why don't we stop it for a bit and try something else once it
                  is out of my system. I am just getting worse and worse though so I'm about ready to take the increased dose as I'm getting a little
                  desperate.

astronaut

Comment

I thought the same thing astronaut...that's why I agreed to try it but I'm not sure we won't have to switch to another med.

I've read some stuff about Welly pooping out on Crazymeds and maybe pubmed?
                    Rebecca

Comment

Hello Astronaut. Most articles are written about SSRI poop out as SSRI's have been the most common anti depressants in the last 10 years. But it can happen with any antidepressant. I will admit that most of the literature sez that this is rare with wellbutrin, but rare doesn't count when it happens to you. Probably the most authoritive source that your doctor may listen to is the Mayo Clinic. Take Care. paul m

"Alone we can do so little;
                      Together we can do so much"
                      Helen Keller

Comment

thanks, Paul.

Comment

Working...
                        X