Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being alone ( quote of the day )

Nobody likes being ALONE that much ...

I don't go out of my way to make friends .. that's all ..

It just leads to DISAPPOINTMENT ..

Haruki Murakami ..
    ( Norwegian Wood )

Hello Jafar. I know what you mean, I don't have a single friend left from the days before my illness and not too many family members make time to talk with me either. I still don't have any close friends and part of that is because I chose not to get hurt in that way again and part of the reason is that I simply don't care anymore about having close friends.

I have found it better to have a lot of casual acquaintances than some close ones. I seldom have trouble finding someone to go for coffee with (when I have money for coffee) or someone to email or phone or strike up a conversation on the street in the nearby town. Of course that realization didn't come overnight.

In some ways I miss having close friends , in other ways I don't. I never have to worry if my place is a clutter because I know that nobody is coming by LOL.

However I do understand your loneliness and your disappointments. I hope that eventually you will be able to make your life less lonely. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you Paul
      but that was a good point
      Hahahahaha
      clutter = no visitors
      Last edited by Jafar the wizard; August 25, 2020, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Of course this is a quote by Haruki Murakami
        these are not my words..
        for me being ALONE is different from being LONELY .. because even if you're NOT ALONE you might feel LONELY ..
        Sometimes being with the wrong crowd in the wrong place makes me feel LONLIER than being ALONE ..
        So if it was my quote .. I would use the word LONELY .. not ALONE ..
        I think We all need to be alone sometimes ..
        Privacy is something we always need ..

Comment

When I was depressed, I felt the loneliest and most troubled when I was in the company of others. I had a powerful feeling that I didn't belong (in the world, i.e. very suicidal when I was around other people).

Comment

That's the point , Nelli
            Im glad you're aware of it .. but in the same time I'm not glad that you felt so .. and sorry for your pain ..

Comment

that's right, being with the wrong people makes you lonely even if you aren't alone
              Earn free Robux, https://techrotten.com/, free google play credit, Sites like couchtuner, Best NFL Streaming Sites, Web Design Chicago, icloud bypass tool, free tv streaming sites, sims 4 mods, sims 3 challenges, wow addons, Honey chrome extension review, Directv now review, minecraft village seeds,sims 4 custom content
              Last edited by Oliviadavid; August 17, 2019, 07:37 AM.
              Web development Dallas, General Contractors in Calgary

Comment

Hello Oliviadavid and welcome.Glad to see a new person posting. Please feel free to ask questions, answer other people's questions, use the forum to vent and/or generally take part in the forum. Take Care. paul m
                "Alone we can do so little;
                Together we can do so much"
                Helen Keller

Comment

Welcome to the forum Oliviadavid.
                  AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                  for not being what they believe they should be.
                  -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                  X