Your memory is a monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your memory is a monster

" Your MEMORY is a MONSTER .. you forget .. but it doesn't .. It keeps things for you .. or hides things from you .. and summons them to your recall with a will of its own .. You think you have a memory .. but the truth is : YOUR MEMORY HAS YOU .. "

John Irving

Hi Jafar. How are you doing?
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I'm doing fine AJ
      THanks for asking

Comment

I'm glad you're doing well Jafar.

Thanks for the interesting quotation - makes you think!
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks for the nice words uni ..
          Actually , I have a serious problem with my ( good ) memory .. I remember significant details of my childhood experiences and Forgetting is almost impossible for me ..
          I wish I can erase some memories from my hard drive ..

Comment

Jafar, I guess one's memory can actually be too good in that case. I understand why it could be a problem.
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

This quote might not make sense for most people .. But it does make a lot of sense to me personally .. because I have a serious problem controlling the random thoughts that jump frequently everyday to my mind whenever I'm alone .. or even when I'm not alone .. my brain and memory are not under my control all the time .. I daydream a lot even in the middle of a conversation with somebody else .. several random memories jump to my mind .. most of them have negative influence on my mood and sometimes I'd verbally respond by saying : " why am I thinking about this old memory right now ?? " .. because there's no obvious reason for remembering it right now ..
              in brief .. it's simply just my brain .. My memory is not under my control ..

Comment

That is a great explanation Jafar, thank you.
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                X