thine own self

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thine own self

In the play "Hamlet" by Shakespeare, the character Polonius gives the following advice to his son Laertes before Laertes departs on his travels:

"This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

When I remember to live by these words I feel a lot better. They always calm my fears, even if just a teeny bit, and lessen my anxiety over making decisions.

I love quotations. They are one of my passions in life, and even when I'm depressed they can focus my mind, if only for a few seconds. Small passions are as important as grand passions. Maybe more important, because they're more manageable when life gets too big.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Hi Uni,
    I had an english prof in university who explained Shakespeaers plays in "todays" english, I loved it, the whole class did, we couldn't wait to get to his class!
    Take Care,
    Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
    "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Hello Uni. My problem with quotations is I can always find one for just about everything and that's not always good .

However I will agree with you that is quote is good advice to follow. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
      X