Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Re-O View Post
    hey Paul,

(There's an idea, lets give an unemployed mentally ill person with bad credit a credit card)
    I had to call and put a "hold" on my visa so I would not be able to spend any more money on it and when I made this request the visa representative asked if my card was lost or stolen and I said neither, there was a long pause and then he finally said o.k. we can do that no problem...

sigh...having to put a hold on my visa against myself is ridiculous and that's not the worst part, last week in a moment of weakness I called to have the hold removed and they asked if I had my credit card on me, which I don't because my husband has it for obvious reasons so I couldn't even take the hold off of my own visa account, even more ridiculous...I don't mean the visa people I mean myself for letting it get to this stage.

Although I know that it is a good thing I never got access to the money but the whole situation of me not being able to be responsible with money is sad and frustrating.
    Take Care,
    Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
    "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Hello All. Did I ever happen to mention to you all that while I have a credit card it's only with the provision that I don't use it.

I do not have a bank acct and I will never clear all of my debts in my life time or be able to own anything substanial.

I think I also have mentioned that I used to be a bank manager handling millions. Poor money handling is often a problem because of the illness, not because we are bad people.

Take my word for it, if we were bad people, we won't worry about money or who we owe it too or for that matter how we earned it. As a senior loans officer I saw lots of bad people, we are not among them.

Living without money problems is definitely easier, but not having money or mishandling it has nothing to do with our character.(for those of us with bipolar) It is very frustrating though.

Hello Re-O , I think I did mention that "few" people would care to trade places. I didn't say everyone. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Wishing you well,
        Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

Working...
        X