Feel like sharing what I've read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel like sharing what I've read

Every morning, sitting on my bed, I read a page from one of several daily readers that I own. Today I paged through and found a few quotations I especially like. So here they are:

~ We honour ourselves and our friends when we can tell them how we feel. -Theodore Isaac Rubin

~ To be nobody but myself, in a world which is doing its best night and day to make me everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting. - e. e. cummings

~ Those things are dearest to us that have cost us most. - Michel de Montaigne

~ A single arrow is easily broken, but not ten in a bundle. - Japanese proverb (I think that means us )
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Thanks for sharing Uni
    Woody

Comment

I especially like the first one. Thanks Uni.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Originally posted by uni View Post

~ We honour ourselves and our friends when we can tell them how we feel. -Theodore Isaac Rubin
        A funny thought ran through my mind when I read this:

Sometimes we can honour the he** out of people.
        Stormy

Comment

Honour away Stormy .
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I can't pick which one I like the best - I love them all! Thanks Uni
            "In time you'll see that some things travel faster than light
            In time you'll recognise that love is larger than life
            And praise will come to those whose kindness
            leaves you without debt
            And bends the shape of things that haven't happened yet"

Comment

A few more sharings....

~ There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats. -Albert Schweitzer

~ Look within! The secret is inside you. -Hui neng

~ If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance. -Anonymous
              Last edited by uni; February 7, 2011, 09:31 PM. Reason: tripped over cat while looking within when dancing
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Originally posted by uni View Post
                ~ If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
                This one somes up Mania quite nicely
                Take Care,
                Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
                "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

I never forward chain letters nor do I read them...while checking my emails I noticed my wife forwarded this to our home email address and I feel I should share it with you all....sorry I could not paste the picture that was embedded on the email.

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet.
                  He held up a sign which said: "I am blind, please help." There were only a few coins in the hat.

Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)

A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat.
                  He then took the sign and wrote some words on the back.
                  He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words.

Soon the hat began to fill up.
                  A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy.
                  That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were.
                  The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, "Were you the one who changed my sign this morning?
                  What did you write?"

The man said, "I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way.
                  "I wrote: 'Today is a beautiful day; but I cannot see it.'"
                  Both signs told people that the boy was blind. But the first sign simply said the boy was blind.

The second sign reminded people how fortunate they were to have their sight.

Moral of the Story:

Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative. Think differently and positively.
                  When life gives you a 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile

Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence.
                  Prepare for the future without fear. Keep the faith and drop the fear.

It's a beautiful thing to see a person smiling.

But even more beautiful is knowing that you are the reason for the smile!
                  Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out.
                  Remember.... "Some days are better than others, but they're all good!"

I hope this cheer all of you up even for just one little bit.
                  Last edited by sikadeer; March 8, 2011, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Seems like a real good perspective!

Comment

Hello Sikadeer. Thx for sharing that, it was good. Take Care. paul m
                      "Alone we can do so little;
                      Together we can do so much"
                      Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you for that story Sikadeer. Especially the reminder to "keep the faith and drop the fear", which is something I needed to hear.

"I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way.
                        ... sounds like cognitive therapy in a nutshell.
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks for sharing that Sikadeer.
                          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                          for not being what they believe they should be.
                          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                          X