Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going through clutter

Today I'm sifting through clutter, and have come across some clippings:

1) Life...is never...perfect............or is it?
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

ya, been chucking stuff too! Oh what fun!

Comment

Hi Uni,

Life may or may not be perfect but it is what it is, or is it
      Take Care,
      Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
      "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

I thought I had all these wonderful clippings, but am now wondering what I saw in them (as I chuck them out). Hence only one so far, but maybe more to come. Feels good to throw a few things out/give them away. Got to be in the right frame of mind though.
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. Whenever I try to save clippings all I end up with is a big messy pile.

Is life ever perfect? Good question. It really made me stop and think. My answer would depend on when you asked me. Sometimes life has been perfect, sometimes not .

I have had many remarkable times and experiences, some that I wouldn't trade for anything. There has been some misery too.

But you made me stop and think of all of the good times that I have had in life and for that I thank you. It's always good to be reminded of good things, remembering the bad comes too easily sometimes. Take Care. paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

A few more:

1) If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

2) If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

3) Since it's the early bird that gets eaten by the worm, sleep late.

4) Some misteakes are too much fun to only make once.
            Some misteakes are too much fun to only make once.

5) Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live

6) Fill in the blank:
            A truly happy person is one who --------
            Last edited by uni; July 31, 2010, 06:48 AM. Reason: birthdays r good
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I don't celebrate my birthday. not that i ever did, other people celebrated for me. I celebrate the other 364 days of the year

Comment

Hey Uni,

Those were great. personally I giggled when I read number 4 and tried to figure it out... Must have read it 3 times until I got it.... If I actually did get.
                Wishing you well,
                Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

More from the bits of paper among the clutter...

7) Your work is not your worth.

8) In two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.
                  Last edited by uni; August 1, 2010, 12:30 AM. Reason: playing with numbers
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. Your just trying to play with my mind right, be carefull it's a small and fragile thing. Old too. ( I am refering to #3)

#3)"Since it's the early bird that gets eaten by the worm, sleep late". The worms are eating the birds?

#4) like Re-O, I like it, but it took me a couple of reads.

#6) A truly happy person is one who accepts and enjoys the life they are given to the best of their ability.

I really enjoyed this post(s) . Take Care. paul m
                    Helen Keller

Comment

Oh crap. I reversed worm and bird . Duh! I guess you've gotta get up pretty early in the morning to put one over on you, Paul!
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. You did put it over on me, I must of read it 5 times to figure out what didn't sound right. I thought it was just some sort of test to see if we were really paying attention. Take Care. paul m

P.S. Lend me 20 bucks and I promise never to post again. Of course if you believe that, please make it $50.
                        Helen Keller

Comment

Hello Paul. Are you trying to get me to up the ante in #2 by any chance? Not working .
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

more clutter picks...

8) The manner in which it is given is worth more than the gift.

9) The art of life is lost in the pace of living.

10) Kindness is the ability to love people more than they deserve.

11) Just because I am outnumbered, does not make me wrong.

12) More hearts than we dream of enjoy our happiness, and share our sorrow.

13) Fly Catcher: Do not swat flies on walls and ceilings. Instead, add some dishwashing liquid to a glass of water. Without stirring, hold the glass under the fly; it will fall in--guaranteed. (Oops, I must have gotten into the household hint clippings.) BTW whether this one works I have no idea.
                            Last edited by uni; August 12, 2010, 02:44 AM. Reason: distracted by a fly
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. Interesting thoughts. #11)""Just because I am outnumbered, does not make me wrong."" That's practically what I live by. The biggest difference between me now and my old manic self: I will now consider that I might be wrong.

10)"" Kindness is the ability to love people more than they deserve"". But exceedingly hard for me to live up too.

The rest were good too. Thx for posting them. I don't think I'll mix up any fly catching solutions, I have visions of flies buzzing around my body after I slipped on the soapy solution and hit my head. Take Care. paul m
                              Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                              X