Easy Reading Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Reading Material

Hello All. A while ago someone mentioned a magazine for people with bipolar. There are several and some that deal with depression and anxieties as well. I have prepared a short list of magazines that are free of charge to access on the internet. All have good info. Some have too many ads, but that's what keeps the cost down.

My list is very short, there are more I'm sure, please feel free to add to this list. Take Care. paul m

BP Magazine(Cdn site) http://www.bphope.ca/

BP Magazine (US site) http://www.bphope.com/

Moods Magazine (also available in French) http://www.moodsmag.com/

Esperanza Magazine(for depression and anxiety) http://www.hopetocope.com/

Equilink(more of a news letter but still interesting) http://www.mooddisorders.on.ca/pdf/e...Spring2010.pdf
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

I'm really amazed that there are magazines about mood disorders. Huh, who knew. Thanks for sharing these Paul. I had a look at some of them and will see if I can find one at our local Chapters.
    Stormy

Comment

Thanks Paul - I've bookmarked all of those
      "In time you'll see that some things travel faster than light
      In time you'll recognise that love is larger than life
      And praise will come to those whose kindness
      leaves you without debt
      And bends the shape of things that haven't happened yet"

Comment

Thanks Paul

We should start an "Information" thread and put all our links in that, there have been some very good informative links posted in a number of different threads, it would be nice to have them all in one place for easy access for members and visitors too.
        Take Care,
        Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
        "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

I say from reading them that there are
          1) too many adds
          2) too much pushing
          3) too much selective texts.

I tried to submit but when I read that you're not allowed to say this or this or this or that I was like, oh blast it.

Hope the next will be better

Comment

Hello Lyxia. Good to hear from you again. I totally agree about the ads, unfortunately all magazines accept ads in order to keep the costs down. I pretty much just ignore them as I do the coke ads on tv.

No mag is going to appeal to all readers, but I find that if I take only what is good and leave the rest most of these have something to add to my life. Take Care. paul m
            Helen Keller

Comment

hey paul, hope you're well. i got a bit high and got on here... i'm ok with local paper because it does have commercial that concerns me, but no i'm not intersted in white teeth or a pillow that can be twisted in many ways.

i dont' have tv for that reason.

Comment

Thanks for the links. Looking forward to taking a look a the couple I hadn't seen before.

Comment

Thanks Paul. this gives me something to read when i cant sleep at night which is often.
                  dave

Comment

Hello Cannon. Your welcome. I hope that your sleep patterns soon get better. I remember all too clearly not getting the rest I needed just because I couldn't sleep. It wasn't fun. Take Care. paul m
                    Helen Keller

Comment

I found the following statement about bipolar disorder in moodsmag.com - "bipolar disorder is a medical illness caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. This illness is real; it is not just a thought or feeling that can be controlled by the person affected. It is not a sign of weakness or failure." - i most like how it states that this illness is not a sign of weakness or failure. it took me a long time to believe that. the rest of the article is very informative and seems consistent with everything else i have read. looks like this might be a good sight to read when i cant sleep.

EDIT - that info was under the mental.health.central link which is not the same as the magasine and you have to register to read the magasine articles. guess i may stay with the other mood disorder links but i still really like the quote above
                      Last edited by dave; June 11, 2012, 03:32 AM.
                      dave

Comment

Hello Cannon. I gotta agree with you and the magazine. Take Care. paul m
                        Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                        X