Change of mind...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics Change of mind...

I started off today thinking I’d share a big long rant on procrastination, but decided that at this point maybe I’ve brought too much negative to the table. Instead I want to share what I see in my yard, on this fantastic summer day.

I’ll start with the vegetable garden. It looks fresh, revived by last night’s rain. Little hints of red are showing as the radishes begin to expand. The lettuces are crisp. Little white flowers decorate the tomatoes; a few green globes have already formed.
    As I let my gaze wander to the left I spot flowers. Fantastic pink complimented by the silvery foliage of dusty miller. Little violas smile up at the blue sky.
    A light breeze carries the scent of wild flowers. So sweet. For a moment the aroma erases all worries. I enjoy the temporary gift of freedom.
    The leaves in the trees rustle. Tiny birds hop about in its canopy. A cat snoozes in its shade. What a clever animal… it knows just were to be on a day like today!

Wishing you all at least a taste of freedom on this beautiful summer day.

I think you should bottle up the flower that has the scent to momentarily erase all worries, and sell it as a perfume...

astronaut

Comment

Thanks for the image. I could see everything and smell the flowers just as you descibed it. It was like seeing it for the first time, filled with awe and wonder.
      Nightowl
      "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -John Lennon-

Comment

Thank you Kaight . Reading your post almost put me into a meditative state - amazing because I don't do meditation well...
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Was reading thru some old posts and came across this ...
          thought I would repost it for anyone feeling the cold darkness of winter...
          just a little reminder that spring will come...

Comment

I can't wait!
            AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
            for not being what they believe they should be.
            -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Agreed, I'm definitely a summer creature! We're doing our reptile husbandry labs right now, and I couldn't help but notice that I prefer the same temperature and humidity range as the bearded dragon.
              Pressure makes diamonds....

Comment

Too funny Gossip!

Comment

Working...
                X