Wheel of life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics Wheel of life

September and October were trying times for my family. My mother in law passed away after suffering a stroke in early September. She was an advanced age and it becomes one of those occasions where the grief of losing a loved one has an underlying relief in that the struggle is over. I lost my parents in 1997 and 2007, my father in law passed away in January and now my mother in law was the last of our parents.

Seems such times are ripe for some self examination. My wife and I are around the age that her parents were when we met, so I see my relationship with her parents as a possible map to our future. 30 odd short years left, better make the most of them. Sadly, their retirement did not go exactly as planned. Illness curtailed travel plans as my father in law suffered a heart attack in his 50's and their friends also had health setbacks resulting in a retirement where they all stayed in the community and watched the grandchildren grow up. Not a bad deal either, but it is painful watching you lifetime friends and neighbors succumb.

We are up to bat now. Looks like I am refocusing some of my goals, but still hope to hit one out of the park.
Working...
X