Gov't Bureaucracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics Gov't Bureaucracy

I discovered that my middle name on my SIN card was spelt wrong. I've never noticed before. When I first got the card I memorized the number and put the card away. I had to go down to a Services Canada office and get it changed. Fortunately my Canadian Citizenship card was enough to get it changed. The guy did tell me that when it came time to collect CPP I might need to show my Landed Immigrant papers that show what ship we came on etc. Honestly. Now I have to ask my Dad for a copy, and I know he's going to freak out. I don't need it for awhile but I need to get a copy before my Dad is no longer here. I hate having to deal with the Gov't. I always feel like a criminal that has to prove my innocence.

Just needed to rant.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Rant away, criminal (not)! Leave it to the government to complicate things - it's what they do best. I hope your Dad doesn't freak out too much, and you get everything you need for future reference.

It's not just the feds either; I just got a new provincial health card and they neglected to fill in the beneficiary number. Lucky I didn't cut the old card up before noticing.

I hope the red tape fairy is kind to you!
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I see my Dad at Christmas time. I'm thinking it would be better to talk to him about it in person.
      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello AJ. I can't say for sure that the following website will help you, but it's worth a look if it's going to upset your Dad . http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/certcopy.asp It deals with replacing or verification of immigration records including "record of landing" which is form IMM1000 According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...imes/other.asp the time required to recieve IMM1000 is 6 mth. Somewhere along the way I think it said the fee was $30 .

Again I can't promise you that this is the site that you want,but you can always call them and find out. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

I think that one of those forms is the one I'd need to fill out but since I was only nine years old I don't have the answer to many of their questions. Thanks for the link anyway.
          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
          X