Post Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics Post Christmas

Hello all. I just wanted to see how everyone faired at Christmas time. I was in Ontario with family. We were fortunate to only be without power for 5 hrs.

I didn't get enough sleep which is never a good thing. I managed the Christmas dinner and evening unscathed. I do find it difficult to be in a room full of relatives all at the same time, but I did okay with the one on one.

Other than having to answer questions about why I wasn't working, of which I was vague, I'd say the conversations weren't too much of a challenge. Now I have to catch up on my sleep because I'm dealing with the beginnings of hypomania. It sure made it a challenge to sit in my seat on the plane coming home!
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Well done AJ. We had Christmas dinner in our little house so it was pretty noisy and crowded. Had to spend close to an hour trying to catch our cat when he got out. Overall it was a good time and went by very quickly

Comment

I'm glad that you had a good time Determined. A small house and a large crowd would be a bit of a challenge. I'm glad you found your cat!
      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I am in Ontario too and was fortunate that I didn't have any power outage. A couple of co-workers didn't have power for 3 days. I had a quiet, peaceful Christmas.

Comment

I'm glad you had power Christina. Some of those poor people are still dealing with no power. A quiet peaceful Christmas sounds great.
          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

We just got our power back yesterday. We had 5 days in the dark, getting progressively colder. Sorry to say it's made my mood plummett. Had enough energy or panic last night to help the kids throw out all the food in both fridges and deep freezer, clean them and it ended up toasting the deep freeze. Know it was old but.....not even thinking yet about hauling the pieces of our maple trees off the fences and having to cut them up in small size so the city will take them away.
            My 2 turkeys for our huge Christmas dinner survived because the kids kept packing them in ice from the yard so cooked them today and we're sharing them.
            I'm sorry to be so depressing but I just don't have the energy or strength to find the positives yet, if ever. Just feel like someone waited till I was fully on the rug and then pulled it out from under me.

Comment

I'm so sorry you have been having a difficult time. I think my mood would have taken a serious dive if I had to go through all that.
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Oh so sorry you are one of the ones dealing with the outage and look how you are thinking of others by sharing and with the kids keeping the birds on ice is brillant

Comment

That is harsh imsosad. Try not to let it bring you down. sounds to me like you all handled it in true Canadian fashion. Be proud of your resiliency and ability to adapt to tough circumstances. That is definitely a positive and I hope your Christmas was good in spite of the struggles.

Comment

That was a tough go for so many. Glad its back on for you imsosad. Sorry about the bad timing over the holidays.

Comment

imsosad *hugs* Sounds like you have great kids.

Comment

Hello Imsosad. Have things turned around for you at all yet? I know it must have been a bummer being without power for so long.

We didn't lose power, but I have a lot of surplus snow that I can send you LOL. Between rain, deep freeze and snow I lost my battle to keep my driveway clean and my wife ditched our vehicle in the driveway today. 2 hrs of shoveling and pushing did little, except give me a great cardio workout LOL, and finally a tow truck had to be called.

Still not as bad as losing power for extended period. Take Care. paul m
                        "Alone we can do so little;
                        Together we can do so much"
                        Helen Keller

Comment

Hey Paul,
                          Sorry so long to reply but just got the notification it was here today. For some reason I stopped getting e-mails about posts, weird.
                          Still struggling with depression, no motivation. Last week of the parnate taper and then I'm free of it.
                          Can't imagine shovelling for that long! You must have been exhausted! My son is 15 now and we've given up the shovelling to him lol.
                          Have to say that blackout made me very grateful for heat and light.
                          How are you doing/feeling lately?
                          Last edited by imsosad; February 3, 2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Hello Imsosad. Mood wise I'm doing pretty well, but the physical challenges that I am running into are irritating me. I've always been a slow learner and poor patient so trying to learn how to deal with parkinson is bugging me.

However, it's not near as bad as learning how to deal with a mental illness was, so of that I am thankful. Thx for asking.

Plus a physical illness seems to have symptoms that even the dullest doctors can understand. They seem to understand much better when I say " my right foot drags what can we do about it," rather than when I say "my mind races what can we do about". LOL

Perhaps you and I can arrange a trade, I have motivation,but I fatigue easily. Maybe you can borrow some of my motivation and maybe I could borrow your 15 yr old son for some snow shovelling duties LOL.

I hope that you feel better soon. Take Care. paul m
                            "Alone we can do so little;
                            Together we can do so much"
                            Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                            X