Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing Well, guess I will try this out and introduce myself, sort of

hey,
    I just thought i would send this to introduce myself as best i can. I am trying out this website to see if i can get something positive out of it!

I am a single mother and i have had a mood, anxiety disorder for over ten years. Nothing so far has done much good to make things better for me. i am fairly isolated and don't have allot of social interaction, other than my son.

i don't have any faith about what this can accomplish (being on the site) and please do not take it as an insult. i am extremely jaded about anything to do with my issues and i have simply sunk so low in this world that i have no idea why i am still trying at all!

I am looking forward to interacting with people on the site and just wanted to say hello!

Hi Darkness. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing some of yourself with us.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi Darkness and welcome. I have found that the encouragement and understanding from others on this forum are very positive. Here you can say what's on your mind, share your struggles and your victories, and you can do so without fear of being judged or criticized. I consider everyone here as a friend and someone I could sit down and have a coffee with should I ever have the chance to meet them in person. I am confident that if you continue to participate here you will see that you are definitely not alone in the challenges that you face.

I hope you will continue to "drop in". Collectively, there are very few challenges that at least one of us hasn't experienced.

I never would have thought that a forum such as this would have been helpful but it became an absolute life line for me in my darkest moments. There are a caring and knowledgeable bunch of people on here.

Comment

Welcome Darkness. Feel free to share problems, thoughts, and ask for help as you need. As Determined pointed out there’s a collective knowledge here so usually somebody can offer some help or empathy. I think everybody has hit that moment of hopelessness from time to time. So I think the jaded attitude can be understood well.

Sympathies and best wishes

Comment

Welcome Darkness. I hope you stay with us, you will find a lot of support here
          dave

Comment

hi darkness and welcome you will find a vast support and info with this great group.

Comment

isolation can be a problem in treatment and mental health... welcome

Comment

Hi Darkness ,

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about offending any of us. In fact, I think what you think lots of times too. I suffer from depression and an anxiety disorder also but I am still plugging away and lot of time I have wonderful moments and lead a great life. Other times, not so much . You don't have to worry about accomplishing anything either, just come here and get support, vent away. You will find lots of support here and no judgement.
                Last edited by Christina; February 11, 2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Hi Darkness,

I too am new to this site and have my own doubts about what help can be obtained by participating in these forums and discussions.

I have been suffering from depression for many years alone and have decided to branch out of my comfort zone and see what else is out there and see if it can be of any use to me.

Here's to hoping we can both get something useful out of this.

Comment

Welcome to the forums Sydney.Brooke
                    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                    for not being what they believe they should be.
                    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

hello Darkness, welcome! oh and sydney.brooke, welcome as well!

Comment

Working...
                      X