Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News Story Tears of a clown

RIP Robin Williams.

Really don't know what to say. He was one of us.

This struck a nerve. I'm sure there will be plenty of media dissection of his death. Remarkable how success will still not banish the demons. The world has become a little less.
    Last edited by Fighting back; August 12, 2014, 05:20 AM. Reason: continued

Very sad to lose such an amazing person.

Comment

RIP Robin Williams

He was a wonderful soul.

Comment

He could make me laugh in my darkest moments

Comment

O captain... this one hurts
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Originally posted by uni View Post
            O captain... this one hurts
            my favourite loved that film and his great talent.

Comment

Little bit of aftermath.
              I don’t really have a great deal to say about Robin Williams’ death, beyond the obvious: it’s tragic, and awful, and I feel terrible for his family and friends and everyone else who knew him. Two people I knew — both friends, at different stages of…

Well worth reading the links at the end of the article.

Comment

Interesting reading, Fighting back.

It seems to me there are so many takes on whether depression is this or that or the other, including the one in the article. I doubt that it will ever be truly explained or understood. How do you communicate the overwhelming feelings of severe depression by way of words? And yet we try, by blogging or other means, because once in a while someone hears and relates, once in a while someone can be educated, once in a while we can make a difference.

The article raises the subject of fighting depression. Can one "fight" depression? Can one "fight" cancer? I figure you can fight anything, and it may or may not help your cause. If you believe in fighting depression and that's what works for you, I say go for it!

What works for me is to see it as living "with" an illness, rather than fighting "against" an illness. I look at my depression as something that goes into remission, as many chronic illnesses do, and then shows itself again until the next remission.
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                X