No announcement yet.

spectrum of illnesses listed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics spectrum of illnesses listed.

Hi, it's been a long time since I've been on here.
    My name is neverknow and I have been treated for depression and anxiety for years.
    Now I find myself in a very different position.
    I still have anxious symptoms and depressive symptoms however they have been reduced greatly.
    I have been diagnosed with psychosis and am following with treatment.
    I was on 150mg of effector daily.

I was just wondering if this is still a place for someone in my situation because it seems mainly
    Focused on depressive disorders.

I am living a significantly more calm life though I am still struggling to get back into the work force
    Due to lack of job availability and some uncertainty as to whether I can/should talk to employers about my illness.

Hi all, hope you are all doing as best as you can. :-)
    when you think you have nothing, someone is praying for what you have.

Hello NeverKnow. I don't see why you can't still post on here. You still have some depressive symptoms and besides I don't think that we would ever turn someone away just because you got a bit better or your illness turned out to be different than first diagnosed.

Besides, there is no uniform definition of psychosis .Wikipedia describes it as "The term "psychosis" is very broad and can mean anything from relatively normal aberrant experiences through to the complex and catatonic expressions of schizophrenia and bipolar type 1 disorder"

I could quote a lot of other articles that say essentially the same thing. Besides, having bipolar 1, I've had problems at times with psychosis myself.

So welcome back and I hope to see more of your posts. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Welcome Neverknow. Covered a broad spectrum of experiences myself, a lot of which were never clearly diagnosed. I am also trying to get meaningful employment and I have found that larger employers provide an option whereby you can indicate if you are challenged in any way. Other than that it is a major concern for me as to whether or not I disclose the information.

Comment

Thanks. It has been an interesting and frightening last year for me, discovering I had a completely different illness that had a completely different effect on me even though I understand how some of the symptoms overlap.
        Paranoia and anxiety. Delusions and depressions. I had a lot of just unexplained reactions which are technically psychotic episodes manifesting as panic attacks. Now facing a completely different aspect of stigmas which having been open about my illness from the start, to the best of my understanding, I do what I can to get into the positive light of what has happened to me. I talk to a few schizophrenia sufferers and have a surprising amount in common with there experiences although I see who they have great struggles that I haven't had to overcome. It saddens me to hear about some of the misconceptions that people have about all mental illness and doing research into the various psychotic illnesses, which I was surprised to see bipolar as one, has been eye and mind opening.
        when you think you have nothing, someone is praying for what you have.

Comment

Working...
        X