Lena Dunham's book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News Story Lena Dunham's book

**Note: I apologize in advance if this shouldn't be posted here. Please feel free to remove this if you so choose. It is a distressing topic.**

Has anyone else read/heard of this? I'll try to include as many news links as I can find. But I just find this enraging. I'm a survivor of ***ual abuse. And to read the things she's personally admitting to doing to her younger sister is just sickening. I cannot emphasize enough how traumatizing it is to go through ***ual abuse. My abuse happened to me approximately 15 years ago and I STILL have PTSD/Depression/Anxiety from it.

I mean, I have also read that she's pulling back and saying it's not true, but to even write about doing something like this to your sibling is just unthinkable. And I do realize it's all up to the person who experienced what her big sister did to interpret it as abuse, but to me that would be very invasive/abusive. I'm trying my best to hold my judgement of her back, but with such large evidence against her... it's hard not to judge her.

]
    Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Hi bucky310. I am also a survivor also and understand where you're coming from. I have removed the links since I think that people can google her name, or read her book if they wish to know more, rather than have them in your post.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
    X