Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics permission to look after yourself

just a little something a friend posted on facebook

“If you’re struggling, you deserve to make self-care a priority. Whether that means lying in bed all day, eating comfort food, putting off homework, crying, sleeping, rescheduling plans, finding an escape through a good book, watching your favorite tv show, or doing nothing at all — give yourself permission to put your healing first. Quiet the voice telling you to do more and be more, and today, whatever you do, let it be enough. Feel your feelings, breathe, and be gentle with yourself. Acknowledge that you’re doing the best you can to cope and survive. And trust that during this time of struggle, it’s enough.”
    ― Daniell Koepke

Hello Determined. I couldn't agree more. I still often take a day or a part of a day off from life just to reset my mind. I find that by taking the needed time off(without guilt), I am back in action much quicker. Take Care. paul m p.s. and once in a while it takes a lot more than a day and that's ok too, as was said, healing must first
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks for posting that, Determined. I especially like the part about quieting the voice telling you to do more and be more. It's so easy to get caught up in that trap this time of year.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
      X