A trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics A trip

I'm not exactly feeling 100%, but things are going well enough that I'll be leaving on a trip to the sunny south this weekend with my boyfriend.

I'm pacing myself during the preparations so as not to get overwhelmed, because I'll be away for 3 months and there have been a lot of things to sort out. So far, so good. I believe that once I hit the road a lot of anxiety will begin to dissolve, as is usually the case.

I may not have mentioned on the forum that a close friend of mine passed away in November after a tough illness. For some reason I haven't felt like posting about it. Part of my unsteady moods have been due to grief. I know this sort of thing takes time, so I might as well let time pass while on a nice holiday.

I'll probably check the forum before I leave, and will have my laptop with me and able to post during my travels, which will be great.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

I'm so sorry about your friend Uni. Grieving is such a painful process.

Have fun on your travels. I wish you many grand adventures!
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Sorry about your friend uni. I hope your holiday will ease your pain and anxiety but most of all I hope you have an awesome and wonderful time!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend Uni. Grief is an individual process for us all. Process it however you need to. I hope you have a good holiday and anxiety free!

Comment

Thank you AJ, Determined and MoMoe for your kind words
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. Sorry to hear about your friend. I find the passing of a friend hard to bear as friends of the deceased often receive little or no condolences from anyone . Instead we are required to provide condolences to the family and loved ones of the departed. I find that usually delays me getting started on my own grief. I wish you luck in grieving your friend

3 mths, that is a long trip. Good Luck with your travels. Take Care. paul m
            "Alone we can do so little;
            Together we can do so much"
            Helen Keller

Comment

Am now on my travels and just checking in to say I'm doing ok for the most part Haven't had much computer time, but that's ok. Am thinking of everyone on the forum and hoping the coming week shows an upward trend
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Uni. I'm glad to hear that you're doing okay for the most part. I hope you're enjoying your travels.
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Uni,
                  I'm sorry to hear about your friend passing away in November.
                  I hope you will have a good vacation with your boyfriend.

Comment

It's ok to be overwhelmed, these are emotions speaking for you. I think the only ones who are not worried about these situations are travel agents since they already know all the details. I had the same insecurities and after some thinkings I discovered https://www.travelsafe-abroad.com/travel-agent/ and I became a travel agent. You may try this too if you love traveling and interacting with people. Sorry for your loss but I think your friend wants you to be happy not to consume your time and energy with negativity.
                    Last edited by Morkab; October 20, 2021, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the forums Morkab
                      and ThriveLiveFlight.
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Vacation trips can be a good school for life: You'll often have to make tough decisions instantly and unravel serious tangles of problems without any help from anyone else. It isn't easy, but it's the best way to believe in yourself and find out what you're capable of. When you meet with someone, most often, you ask your loved one to share your difficulties with you, and if possible, you put them on their shoulders altogether. This is the same situation I encountered recently, and I was helped by the website , which I found when I was interested in German travel. I have always wanted to visit the famous cities in Germany.
                        Last edited by Sativea; March 2, 2022, 04:54 AM.

Comment

First of all, a novice traveler should understand that it is better to plan a trip. You need to study all available sources about what might be interesting in a particular place and choose what is interesting to you. Also, do not plan a trip too full of visits. Leave yourself time just walking around the city and getting to know the locals. Saving while traveling, by the way, is also very important because then you can travel more.
                          Last edited by richashon; May 3, 2022, 06:44 AM.

Comment

I'm sorry you lost your friend, but you have to move on. Dude, if you want to keep or multiply good memories, you can take a vacation on a train across the country. That kind of travel unloads the brain and gives you a full-blown distraction. The scenery outside the window, the comfortable bed, and the soothing pounding of the wheels all make such transportation atmospheric and dispose of memories. The train has no luggage restrictions, so you do not have to think hard about how to pack everything. You don't have to stand in long lines or look at the scoreboard to plan your trip. When I'm looking for tickets, I turn to rail services. What do you think of this idea?
                            Last edited by RunningKnitter; June 17, 2022, 06:10 AM. Reason: Commercial link

Comment

Working...
                            X