Nothing special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics Nothing special

Hello Everyone. I don't know what the temperatures are in your area, but by house is currently sitting at 28 degrees Celsius (82 F) at 9.30 pm and that is a little too warm for me, although I will be whining about the cold in a few mths. I also know that it is a lot better than some people have too put up with.

A hint for those of you who are as poor as I am (even if I could afford the air conditioner, I couldn't afford the hydro to run it poor LOL) . If you take a towel, wet it down, then wring it out, then lay it out flat in your freezer, you can latter take it out and put it in a plastic garbage bag and lay on it, it will help keep you cool until you fall asleep. It actually works, although you may have to put it under a sheet to start with. Even a fridge with only a small freezer will work.

I wasn't smart enough to think of that on my own, but I picked it up on one of the forums along the way.

I've been busy busy lately, that is busy for a guy with my problems, not busy compared to a healthy and robust 30 yr old, but I'm still pretty happy with my current status. Our son got married on the weekend , large wedding, un air conditioned church and over heated hall, but I didn't suffer a melt down either physically or mentally. Mind you when it was my turn to make a speech to welcome the bride into the family, they had to come outside to find me, however I did last till 12.30 am which is a record for me in the last 30+ yrs.

I hope that you all enjoy your summer to the best of your abilities. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Hi Paul. Thanks for the tip. I have discovered that running the fan on the furnace brings cool air from the basement upstairs, probably not rocket science to some. The downside is if you don't have an efficient furnace, it can cost you.

A wedding and a speech, wow! Good for you for lasting until 12:30AM.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

kudos Paul! And congratulations!

Comment

Way to go Paul! Weddings aren't generally laid-back affairs, and you aced it
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
          X