CP RAIL Christmas train

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics CP RAIL Christmas train

Hello Everybody. The CP Christmas train is heading to Northern Ont out West once again (it's currently in Mid Ontario) . http://www.cpr.ca/en/community/holiday-train . You can look at the schedule and see when and if it comes close to you. Even if it doesn't stop near you, if your live anywhere near CPR tracks you can probably figure out when it is due to go by and as the Christmas lights are always on it is nice to see, especially after dark. Don't you people out West live 24/7 in darkness at this time of yr LOL .

Why am I prompting this. A) it's quite a sight a fully lit up decorated train , especially at night. B) it's free C) This yr if you make it to one of the stops you get to hear a pretty good singer , Dallas Smith, and a not bad back up band D) It's in aide of food banks E) Did I mention that it is free!!!! (alright ,your supposed to bring a food donation)

As my wife comes from a small town where they change crews we've seen it many times. She gets to visit with relatives and I get to watch the choo choo LOL. It's a small town( maybe 2000 people) , but CP not only provided the train, entertainers, etc, but they also dropped off a ck for $7000 for the local food bank .

Anyways I'm no great friend of large conglomerates, but I did enjoy myself today, and in Nov it's hard to find something cheap and enjoyable to do. Take Care. paul m P.S. if you take a picture of it this yr, you can enter a contest to take a ride on it next yr.
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Hey Paul, us westerners in Alberta have a sunrise today of 8:17AM and a sunset of 4:32PM. Now that's plenty of time to fit in 3 square meals and be in bed early!
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks for the link Paul. It sounds like you and your wife had a fun time! One of these years I may get to see the holiday train. I only heard about it a couple of years ago.

I just checked the schedule, and It's not coming anywhere me. But that's what I get for living in the sticks, way out west (Where the sun rises at 8:53 AM and sets at 4:50PM, for those who live at the centre of the universe and may be interested )
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thx for your replies. Our sunrise was 7:34am today. I cannot personally verify this. I was up at 7:34 am, but being up and moving is not the same as being awake LOL. If you think that I live at the centre of the universe, then you must really live out in the sticks LOL.

AJ. I prefer to have time for 3 squares and a lot of cookies in my day LOL. Thx and Take Care. Paul M
        Helen Keller

Comment

Cookies.jpgYummy!
          Attached Files
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello AJ. I agree, so does my waist line LOL. Take Care. paul m
            Helen Keller

Comment

Hey, I just want to say thank you for the notice. This might be a once in a lifetime that I’ll ever get to see a Christmas train. To be honest, before I didn’t like trains much. I find them to be too loud to travel on. But there was this one time when my friend bought two train tickets on die deutshen Bahn. She suggested that we both go to a small city in Germany for some sightseeing together. I was a bit hesitant, but in the end, I tagged along with her. And it turned out to be the most fantastic traveling experience of my life!
              Last edited by jobruilon; September 16, 2021, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X