Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics Just dropping by

Hi Everybody
    I realise it's been a long time since I have been around. Call it complacency I guess. Whatever the case I just wanted to say hello to the familiar folks and a big hello to the new arrivals. I have read some of the new posts and am glad you found the forum. Just a word of encouragement for those of you facing your mood disorder for the first time. I know things can look grim at times but never for a moment think it won't get better. I am now 40 years living with major depressive disorder and all of the fun little friends it invites along; anxiety, depersonalization, de realisation, and so on. The list gets rather long and a person can't help but wonder how they cope. It can be very difficult getting through the severe rough patches and it does take its toll but I will say the fight has been worth it. Several years ago (already) I was in the midst of one of my most severe episodes. Lost my job. Thought I completely lost everything this time. But I found this forum and it played a huge part in my recovery. There were people on here at one time or another, some are still here, that just carried me through. And in helping me I also like to think I may have had a positive impact on others as well. Living with a mood disorder is a constant learning experiencing, and not always a pleasant one. If there is one thing I have learnt it is just how strong we are. Our strength is like that of the tiny ant lifting ten times its own weight. That is the burden we sometimes carry. Anyhow, those of you who know me know that I tend to ramble so I will leave off here. I hope to visit the forum more often whether it's to offer encouragement or just vent or just extend a welcome. Back then I chose the tag name "Determined" because I was determined to be back on top. I have had a few more rough patches but I am determined to live the best life possible, even if this cursed affliction tries to tell me otherwise. Peace.

Hi Determined. It's good to hear from you! Thank you for sharing your words of encouragement.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Determined. It's good to hear from you. Your comments about your journey were enlightening and will give us all hope. Take Care, paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

So nice to her from you Determined! I always enjoyed your posts!

Comment

Thanks y'all. I am glad to see that the forum is going strong and I appreciate the time and effort that is put into keeping it that way. It is so important to have a place of hope like this and I encourage people to reach out through this venue. It was such a life line for me in my most difficult times. I know the ravages of mood disorders not just from my own experience but from others as well. It's not an easy path but each little victory makes it all so much more meaningful. Every one of us that has a little understanding of how mental illness affects someone can provide even a little hope to another in a dark place; a place that we have been, and found our way back from. Peace

Comment

Hi Detemined, and thanks for these posts. You have said it so well!
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi uni!

Comment

Thanks for posting. I'm a new member and just beginning to explore the forums and discussions.

Comment

Hi Caron. Glad you found the forum. I hope it helps you along in your journey

Comment

Working...
                  X