Hopefully I'm back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully I'm back

Hello! I may be back as a regular again... it all depends on this new computer I just bought. With setting it up and learning to use it I've run into a couple of issues, but hopefully they can be ironed out and then look out forum...
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Welcome back Uni!
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Uni!!! So very grateful to see your smiling emoticon!!

Comment

Thanks, it feels good! This new computer and I have to see whether we can get along together, or are too dysfunctional to make it work. Whether the computer needs help will become apparent in the next few days. Whether I need help has already been established
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Well I'll be doing more reading than posting for a while. I need a couple of programs installed which I thought I could do by myself but seem unable to.

uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Good to see you uni. I check on here daily but words seem to escape me lately so I haven't said too much. Hope you show your computer who's boss

Comment

Hope the program installation fairy finds you soon - I look forward to having you back!

Comment

Thank you Determined! That's so cute, Kaight! I've come to the conclusion that trying to install security systems etc.on my laptop myself is not going to happen. Tried a few times, failed miserably, set the thing aside and have been procrastinating ever since. Will have to do like with my car, just take the thing to the shop and pay somebody to do the work, hoping they are trustworthy. Right now I'm on my boyfriend's computer but don't want to be doing that as a habit. Anyway I'll be in touch again when I'm back in business!
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I know what you mean. My computer stresses me out sometimes.

Comment

I've missed yiur posts

Comment

I hope you get it all sorted out soon Uni!
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Okey dokey, I think I'm back in business. The laptop works well so far, but my hands are no longer used to typing! I want to buy an ergonomic keyboard now to use with it when I'm at home.

Anyway life is ok in general, but I have had some depression off and on over the last few months. Some is definitely situational, some may be chemical. In any case it's always do the best I can with the tools I have. I see my psychiatrist next week just to check in. Sadly for me, the psychologist who has been so wonderful over the years has gone into private practice and is no longer affordable. And, again sadly for me, I've chosen to lessen my exposure to certain family members because of the stress I continue to feel around them. On the up side, I'm doing some writing and some volunteer work, both of which are good for me.

I look forward to catching up with everyone here; this forum is a real lifeline. <3
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

P.S. my laptop has a touch screen, which I tend to forget! I think it will help with saving my hands re: arthritis/repetitive strain. Anybody else use a touch screen?
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Not here, just the old keyboard.
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Uni. Glad to have you back . I've never used a touch screen either. Take Care. paul m
                              "Alone we can do so little;
                              Together we can do so much"
                              Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                              X