A possible summer move - yikes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A possible summer move - yikes!

Good morning everyone. I thought I'd give an update before the wheels of motion are set into play. We have been considering a move from a large city to a small town an hour away. I've always liked the feel of small towns. I'm looking forward to the change, and at the same time dreading the chaos and stress involved in a move. Moves can be hard on relationships too. I hope my partner and I are still friends at the end of it. I also hope that my nervous fearful dog does not have a complete meltdown. I have been considering strategies that will assist in things going as smoothly as possible. I'm open to any tips or suggestions from those of you who have been thru a move.

AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Hello AJ. Your dog will probably do better than you and your partner LOL. Just kidding, but a move can be a major stressor for people. My wife and I moved to a smaller place last year and not deciding well in advance what to get rid of lead to some heated arguments (you just can't get as much stuff in a smaller place). Measuring out all of your floor plans and deciding wear you want to put your furniture in advance helps so that at moving time everything fits where it should fit. I don't know if you are using movers or not, but hopefully you can stretch the move out over at least a few days.Speaking of floor plans, make sure that all of your old stuff will fit through the doorways of the new place. Start packing well before you think that you have too, there is always too much left to pack the closer moving day gets. Take the opportunity to through out old clothes and junk as it is irritating to move boxes of stuff that hasn't been used for years. Plan to eat a lot of fast food as cooking becomes a major chore.

Good luck with your move. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks for the tips Paul. I haven't moved in over 30 years! There will be a lot to sort thru before the packing even gets done. We're probably putting in an offer on the new house today. We'll see how it goes.
      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Wow AJ!! Hope it all goes well! Moving certainly can be a difficult time. Certainly good to practice patience and forgiveness (to others and yourself) at such time. I have had to move 6 times in the last 4 years... thankfully, I don't have much stuff! ... Possibly less every time I moved!!

Comment

Yes patience will go a long way for the move!
          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
          X