Another supplement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics Another supplement

Hi again everybody. Once again I am off down a rabbit hole looking for something that works. Currently I am on an anti psychotic and an anti depressant and they hadn't been doing much of anything to help me out. It may be that they have pooped out after all this time. I'm not sure but I know they used to be quite effective. After some himming and hawing and some usual scepticism I decided to try the CBD supplements; cannabis gummies and cannabis oil. This type of cannabis does not have the THC in it that affects the brain. Anyhow, long story short, after a week I started to notice some improvement but soon after I started slipping back into the hole. I attributed my improvement to a placebo affect and was quite disappointed. However, I have kept on with my dose and once again I am noticing an improvement. Before this I was really at a loss as to what to do next. My meds weren't working. Any kind of medical assistance is almost non existent and I was really at the end of my rope; and afraid of what I might use that rope for. It was bad. Somehow I managed to keep working and get through each day but I was afraid of what the next day held. But like I said, I will try anything if there is even an iota of possibility it will work and the CBD oil appears to be making a difference. I still take my other meds and there are no ill affects. I am thinking that maybe they compliment one another but who knows. I just wanted to share this with you all. After 40 years of this crap I'm ready for some quality time. Just something to consider. Also worth considering is the fact that I was so messed up I was of the mindset that it couldn't get any worse. But that is to say I will only take a calculated risk. My wife would throttle meif I messed myself up any worse. She is a patient lady but does have her limits!
    Last edited by Determined; June 25, 2018, 07:49 PM.

this is just what works for me may not work for you, magnisium citrate in the morning and at night, 2 B-100 complex, B 6 and 12, 4000-6000 IU of vitamin C, 7000 IU of vitamin D (vitamin D dosage goes according to body weight), Niacine 500mg watch out for hot flashes with niacine can be quite intense. 1000mg of fish oil. 6mg of melatonin at night. Make sure to check with your doctor about possible side effects of vitamins with any current medication,
    All the best,
    Jesse

Comment

I'm doing 1500mg fish oil and 1500mg niacin. The niacin flush doesn't happen to me regularly and I kind of enjoy it, except for the itching at first. I'm also taking vitamin D but ran out of vitamin C. Have to get some more. Also take a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. I was hoping the niacin itself would have been enough to chase off the black dog but it wasn't quite. I was also taking acetyl L carnitine after reading some promising info about it. For the most part none of the supplements seem to interfere with my meds which seemed to become ineffective. I did find that my mood improved after taking the CBD oil so I am going to continue with the same regimen of supplements and meds. Calcium with magnesium is also part of my daily intake. It sounds like you have researched all of the vitamins and supplements that can be beneficial in dealing with mood disorders. I still have other issues I am working on but am doing much better than I was. That's not to say that I don't have my moments still but I am a lot calmer in dealing with some of the intense symptoms.

Comment

Hello Determined. Sorry to hear that you are feeling so lousy. I hope that you soon find the magic mix. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks Paul. I have been feeling better these past few days. Some days are better than others but that's the nature of the beast with me

Comment

Hi Determined. I'm sorry to hear things have been so tough for you. My fingers are crossed that the mix of things you're trying will give you some of that quality time that has been so elusive.
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks uni. I have been noticing some improvement. It is slow and difficult at times but I am moving in the right direction. Let's just say that I'm levelling out but I'm still about 18 inches below the surface. But compared to where I was I will take this condition any time. How are you doing yourself these days?

Comment

I love the way you put that Determined -- leveling out but still about 18 inches below the surface. I'd give you a snorkel if I had one. I'm coming out of a bumpy spell, leveling out and not able to tread water yet. I have faith that we'll get there though, despite taking time.
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I'm a firm believer that no matter how bad it gets it can only get better and sadly enough, it can get pretty bad. Sometimes I can't believe just how resilient we humans really are.

Comment

Yes the resiliency thing. I read a study about it once, and astoundingly discovered I may be resilient, all the while thinking what a wimp I was. Sometimes we see these traits in others but overlook them in ourselves. I see resilience all over this forum
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

A lot of positive effects has the finest cannabis infused chocolate. It increases your cardiac system, your mental health and stability and also is just a great way of getting relaxed. I consume those kind of chocolate once a week after I come home from work. Sometimes it is really the last and only thing I need.

Comment

Hello Lisari and welcome. I have no experience with any cannibis products but find it interesting to hear what others have to say about theirs. Thanks for the info!
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I hope that your emotional state will become better. Are you sure that CBD oils can help you? I read somewhere that they give a temporary effect. In general, you should change your sleep mode and nutrition plan. It's just that basically our emotional state depends on what we do. You should remove fat, fried, spicy foods from your diet. Try taking some dietary supplements. I often use the best medicinal mushrooms. You should also look into your sleep patterns. You need to go to bed at the same time.
                          Last edited by Sativea; January 25, 2021, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the input Sativea, and welcome to the forum! I too am a big believer in sleep patterns and light and such. However, trying to get my sleep where I want it seems to be an ongoing challenge. I often wonder if working different shifts over the years had any long term effects. Whatever the case, I know I need my sleep or I'm grouchy as a bear!
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Welcome to the forums Sativea. I find a regular sleep schedule is the most important factor for me. I basically have two. My winter one, which is up later and to bed later then my summer one, which is early to rise and early to bed. I can relate to the grouchy bear Uni.
                              AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                              for not being what they believe they should be.
                              -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                              X