1st Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Post

Hello everyone, my name is Hervey and I got diagnosed with bipolar and PTSD about 3 weeks ago. Was looking for a support group and found this forum which I believe can help me a lot.

Hervey

Hello and welcome Harvey. Thanks for introducing yourself; I'm glad you found the forum.

There are some great people on here. Don't worry if nobody responds immediately, as the number of members isn't as large as some forums. If you feel like asking questions or sharing information or just need to vent, go ahead! In addition to introducing yourself here in the Sandbox, you may find it helpful to check out the bipolar section of the forum. There are also those here who have PTSD, which seems to happen fairly often with mood disorders. I suggest you peruse the posts in general and see what you can find!
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Harvey.
      I'm sure you will get some great support on here.
      Welcome x

Comment

Welcome to the forums Hervey.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Welcome to the forum Hervey. Please fell free to ask questions, answer other ppeople's questions and/or use the forum to vent out some of life's frustrations. Take Care. paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks everyone. It has been though but I keep remind myself that the end of the road will be better soon. I am focusing on staying fit and be active. Not sure how long it will be to have some sort of medication for bipolar. And looking at other way to help like hot tub every night. I heard it helps but trying to make a case that make sense before buying one... any suggestion??

Comment

Hot tubs are great in some ways, but they're expensive to buy and maintain. I've known several people who have had them installed, use them a lot for a while, and then the novelty wears off and they sit unused. Have you had experience with using a hot tub at all?
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I had one in the house for years. It was awesome! It was however alot of work keeping the chemicals balanced, and the whole draining, cleaning, and filling ritual. At the time they weren't very efficient and did not cycle on and off, so the cost of running it did add up. However, it was so nice to go skinny dippng in the hot tub before bedtime, and the novelty never did wear off for me.
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Don’t know where else to out this. I cannot open a message, how do I do that???? Please help!

Comment

13dreams are you talking about a private message?
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Yup

Comment

13dreams, have a look at this information. https://mdsc.ca/forum/help#account_o...rivatemessages

Send me a private message and I'll answer you and walk you thru opening my response.
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                        X