Canada Pension Plan Disability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics Canada Pension Plan Disability

Has anybody gotten it who was short of their requirements? TIA, P.
    “Depression is feeling like you’ve lost something but having no clue when or where you last had it. Then one day you realize what you lost is yourself.” —Unknown

Hello Paul57. I'm not sure what you mean by "being short of their requirements" I can't think of anyone that I know who has ever rec'd CPPD who wasn't qualified.

The basic requirements are that you can't work at any job on a regular basis and that the illness is prolonged and severe. A lot of people have trouble with the phrase "can't work at any job". That can be a tough one, but when you add "on a regular basis " it opens up the field a bit more. For example.many people can volunteer just fine, but give them the same job and they can't do it. The stress of having to earn a paycheck defeats them. The prolonged part is just that pronged and is one place docs often screw up putting down an arbitrary figure when they should put down unknown or possible years. The severe part takes into account not only the illness, but the effects of the medication used to deal with the illness.

If your job involves handling small parts you may not be able to do the job if you take lithium as lithium can give you the shakes. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Hey Paul M (and anybody else who’s interested) I just received word that my CPPD application was approved! A load off my mind...
      “Depression is feeling like you’ve lost something but having no clue when or where you last had it. Then one day you realize what you lost is yourself.” —Unknown

Comment

That’s great news Paul57. I bet that’s a heavy weight lifted.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

You bet AJ. If I can find one day a week of mindless no-stress work to supplement, I can live a nice quiet life!!!

Comment

That is great news Paul57 - I am so happy for you!!

Comment

Thanks Kaight

Comment

Paul57, so glad for you that these funds came through so your stress can be lessened. Hope everything works out fir the best for you.

Comment

Working...
                X