Announcement

Collapse

**** Read Before You Post ****

Before you enter your description, please select the right prefix that best describes your post so that other members can make an informed decision about whether or not to your open your thread.
i.e.
Joke - Little Johnny goes to school

See more
See less

Poetry and stories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics Poetry and stories

Just out of curiosity, does anybody here write poetry or stories as a hobby? Do you find it helps your frame of mind?
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Yes i have written short stories and written much about my struggles and victories along life's journey. It has always helped ground me.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

That's so interesting AJ. I find it easier to write about my own stuff (usually journaling) than to actually make a story, fiction or otherwise. But I do find writing therapeutic.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I have written stories and poetry, I also jounal. I do find that stories and poetry give me the opportunity to address the most traumatic events in my life in a way that makes me feel less exposed while also expressing how vulnerable I was and am. With a story or a poem you can demonstrate how you feel and what you have endured without specifically eluding to your personal self.

Comment

Yes. Weaving a personal story into the fabric of a short story is therapeutic for me.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I never set out to write poetry but it just started coming to my mind and I too find it very therapeutic.
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
            X