X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uni
    started a topic General Topics Poetry and stories

Poetry and stories

Just out of curiosity, does anybody here write poetry or stories as a hobby? Do you find it helps your frame of mind?

• uni
    replied
    I never set out to write poetry but it just started coming to my mind and I too find it very therapeutic.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Yes. Weaving a personal story into the fabric of a short story is therapeutic for me.

Leave a comment:

• PerserverantSurvivor
    replied
    I have written stories and poetry, I also jounal. I do find that stories and poetry give me the opportunity to address the most traumatic events in my life in a way that makes me feel less exposed while also expressing how vulnerable I was and am. With a story or a poem you can demonstrate how you feel and what you have endured without specifically eluding to your personal self.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    That's so interesting AJ. I find it easier to write about my own stuff (usually journaling) than to actually make a story, fiction or otherwise. But I do find writing therapeutic.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Yes i have written short stories and written much about my struggles and victories along life's journey. It has always helped ground me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X