X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uni
    replied
    Today's good thing is my landlord came and installed a brand new fancy tap in my kitchen sink. Wow - now I have to learn how to use it

Leave a comment:

• Hopeful_2022
    replied
    One good thing today was playing scrabble with my family. Found it to be hard as the game advanced, but really enjoyed it. I love playing board games that make me squeeze my brain juice out haha

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    AJ I think it's wonderful that your dad talks about those things! I love listening to older people (younger ones too) tell their life experiences. We don't know the half of what goes on with anybody, and each life is full of so many stories and lessons. It was like pulling teeth to get that from my own dad (mom was the opposite). I have a poet friend who says everybody's story deserves to be heard, and I agree
    Last edited by uni; August 17, 2022, 01:26 PM. Reason: Adding to the posts short "story"

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    My Dad is 92 and loves to tell his childhood stories, and they’re very interesting life experiences and lessons learned.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Yep, but this lady isn't much of a talker. Instead, rather patient and low key. Maybe there's a lesson there I could learn

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    96 years old. I imagine all the life experiences and stories to be told.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    One good thing -- got together out in the country with a few relatives I rarely get to see, including a 96 year old. It was lovely

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    That is always a good thing AJ!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Yummy!

My one good thing for the day is meeting a friend this evening and catching up.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    A good thing today was that I received some homemade bran muffins from a friend. I haven't tried them yet, but will do so soon, as they look good

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    AJ the dog park sounds like a great community place!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    A trip along a prairie highway used to mean a stop for a train, but it's been awhile since I've waited for a train.

A restful night's sleep can make the next day so much better. I'm glad you've had a couple of those Uni.

My one good thing for today was getting out for an early morning walk, while it was still cool. The dog park has a regular 7 AM crowd and we are like family now. We catch up on the local happenings every morning and our dogs get to socialize.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    And another good thing: while walking today near the edge of town I heard a train whistle but couldn't see it through the forest area that goes for miles. I love trains, so I stayed put until it showed up. I waved at the engineer and got a "toot" in reply, as it went on its way. I counted seventeen cars. Very cool, as it's rare to see that nowadays!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Tody's good thing is that I had a really good sleep last night, and also the night before. Prior to that I'd had a run of broken, unrestful nights so I really appreciate the difference!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I’ve had that experience and it is very cool.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X