Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so today was a very hard day but I was determined to find one good thing... I had to travel to the city for a doc appt., and the one good thing is that I beat the worst of the bad weather coming home.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

A Zoom birthday coffee sounds like a great idea AJ! I hope you have fun with it. Why is Zoom called Zoom? Maybe somebody did their marketing research and decided that the name would sell the product? Also "Zoom" sounds fast and our world seems to be big on anything that's fast. That's what I think anyway.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a very hard day. Some days it's almost impossible to see even one good thing. I'm glad that you made it home without too much of the bad weather. Please be kind to yourself, you're worth it
      Last edited by uni; November 19, 2020, 08:06 PM. Reason: Lost the post and had to go back to finish it
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks Uni. Turns out I have two broken bones in my right hand. When people ask how I did it, all I say is, "a dog and a deer".
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Two broken bones in your hand.That's a drag...I wish you speedy recoveryTake Care, paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks Paul. The one good thing is that the hand clinic is seeing me on Monday.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Oh dear! That sounds really painful, I'm glad you can get it looked at so soon. Are you right handed by any chance?
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Well of course! You should see my left hand writing!
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Oh my, writing with the non-dominant hand -- yikes! I wish you the best of luck with everything Your situation reminds me my friend who fell onto the sidewalk and landed on her left wrist. Naturally, she's left handed. She had to do therapy, exercises etc. and it took a long time but she has recovered. She's a writer, and her right-hand scrawl improved remarkably with practice. Hopefully your recovery doesn't take too long.
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

One good thing... I did up an online grocery order yesterday with 42 items on it. There were 3 they couldn't supply. I expected it to be worse, so 3 seemed like a good thing. One was toilet paper. What the heck is it with the pandemic and toilet paper anyway?! Picked up the order today and am glad it's done. Also I now have 2 different kinds of chocolate bars for treats
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Well that is an accomplishment. I'm not sure I would have the patience for on line grocery shopping.
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today's good thing: it's four degrees above zero!
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Today's good thing: I went for a hike, and came home safe and definitely more 'sound'.
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

That is good to hear AJ!
                            My good thing is that I had a phone call last night from a friend who is away looking after a sick family member. We usually talk 2 or 3 times a week when she's home, so this was a treat.
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That sounds like an important person in your life Uni, and his or her effort to stay in touch is great.
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Yes she's a true friend, and I'm lucky to have her. And in more good news, I was looking for some comfy sweat pants I'd put away. I didn't find them, but came across some I forgot I owned! It pays to dig around in the put-this-stuff-away-for-another-time storage tub. This pair even has a cool logo and everything
                                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                                X