Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can picture you popping up in between the flower pots.

I bet you bought a lawn chair you can get out of! Some of those chairs swallow you up and don't let go.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I definitely won't be swallowed up by this style of chair, but I know what you mean! I ended up returning to the store for a second chair to match, and some fertilizer stuff to encourage more flower blossoms!
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That's good. Now you can have company when you feel like socializing, and they won't have to sit on your lap. LOL
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

But the other one is for my feet! Visitors can use my old foldup ones And I wonder why I don't get company
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Today a neat serendipitous thing happened. I was in a coffee shop doing some writing, and one customer got up and did an impromptu performance involving lighted bulbs on strings. I can't describe how it looked but it was fun to watch!
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Very cool.
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

The good thing today is that my air conditioner works. It's hot.
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That is a good thing Uni.
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today I went shopping. I haven't done much of it for quite a long time. I came home with a new jacket, new pants, and two new badly needed pillow cases
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Goodness, I had no idea it's been so long since my last post here! The best thing is that I'm going to be getting a visit from a nephew of mine who I haven't seen in a couple of years! Really looking forward to it
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

• AJ
                        AJ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hope you have an awesome visit Uni!

Uni, I hope you have a great time with your nephew. It's always nice to connect with family members that we have not seen in a long period of time.

Mocha231

Comment

I’ve been finally catching up
                        with family in person. It’s great after sooooo many long distance phone calls.
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Mocha231 and AJ, I have to admit there are some family members I don't care to see too often, but for the most part I've been feeling the lack of friends and family in my immediate surroundings. I'm pretty good at spending time alone, but there is a limit!

This pandemic stuff isn't going away very soon, so I'll take my opportunities where I can (safely, of course - I do not want the &%$# virus; also I have family members who are immunocompromised and/or elderly). I guess most of us are just trying to make the best of a bad situation. Overall, my life is pretty darn good when I really take a look at it
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I forgot to post about today's particular good thing. Well, it's sort of a backhanded one. It became clear a couple of weeks ago that I would need to have a tooth pulled. Not a happy prospect. But I took the prescribed antibiotics and today had the tooth pulled. Why is this a good thing? Because the procedure went well. Turns out the tooth was completely cracked in two. Anyway, I'm on liquids and soft foods for a bit, and get to loll around and web surf and watch movies today
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I believe a treat such as a smoothie is on the menu for you Uni.

I get the whole family thing. Some family members are best experienced in small bursts! You are not alone in that.
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                              X